Shadows Usergroup!

x-dANGEr

Watcher
Hello everyone. I just had a conversation with another ex-Shadow and I feel too nostalgic. Does anyone have any idea if any of the history was preserved somehow? Or is it all gone?

Regards.

P.S. If you're not sure what this is about, I'm really sorry for the confusion. And if this doesn't belong here, I'm also really sorry. The only reason I'm posting here is because in a way, the soul that once lived in the dot has moved onto here.

I have a backup RPGDot that was made on the 13th of June 2006. This was a short time after the decision was made by the team to move to a new location.

Ah yes, the Shadows... I remember :).

Yes, but they were but a shadow of the irreplaceable NFG!! :)

I guess it's great news to know that all is not gone. Any chance that back-up could materialize into something readable somehow, Myrthos? That would be really great. I would gladly read it all, I'd dare say it is my wish coming true too!

(NFG: A place I never managed to get into.. Probably because they didn't like immature boys)

You're correct, we didn't like immature boys!! :)

I used to be there as well :)
It was a lot of fun while it lasted... Khass tried making a small rpg here, but he vanished and then didn't have tine to continue it when he came back. I would gladly play if someone started another one. I don't have the time nor the imagination to make up a whole story, but I would be glad to play it :)

I used to be there as well :)
It was a lot of fun while it lasted… Khass tried making a small rpg here, but he vanished and then didn't have tine to continue it when he came back. I would gladly play if someone started another one. I don't have the time nor the imagination to make up a whole story, but I would be glad to play it :)

The same here Pladio. Once you've started a family and bought a house your online (and game)time diminishes drasticly.

Ah, but then you introduce your kids to gaming and soon it becomes shared father/son/daughter time!! :)

Bart : You've started a whole family already ? It seems you met that girl just yesterday or something ? (or am I thinking about someone else)

Corwin: My kids will be playing Mount & Blade 4 : The War of Bands in a multiplayer campaign with me :)

I miss the NFG it was alway a safe place to post whatever you wanted.

We will be moving to a new server in November or something like that and I was thinking to have the old RPGDot pages up as additional information. That would mean the once hidden usergroup pages would become public then.
The pages would off course be static. it is not the idea to continue posting on the old RPGDot forum pages.

This will only happen though if it does not take too much implementation time.

Bart : You've started a whole family already ? It seems you met that girl just yesterday or something ? (or am I thinking about someone else)

I've met Marjan on May 9 2009 and we got married April 17 2010. Since Marjan already had a girl of a previous relationship, I'm now a father too. On August 19 I officially became her dad and she took upon my family name.

Wow, I'm happy for you :)
It really seems like we talked about you and her just a few weeks ago or something, but it's been more than a year now. How time flies...
Congratulations then :D

Myrthos, to be honest, if the group got restored, I wouldn't mind continuing the RPing there...

Heh, I remember both NFG and the Shadows. Nice groups, no doubt!

The usergroups will not be restored. I was talking about giving access to the pages for everyone. Not as a forum but as static pages to which no reaction is possible.

I doubt what was written in the usergroup forums was intended to be read by everyone, so the current idea is to not give access to these usergroup forums.

Keep in mind that this is just an idea and might not be realized at all.

Congratulations again, Bart! :p

The idea is very reasonable and is exactly what I would ask. You could keep the content of a few usergroups private (such as the NFG), while offering public access to RP-ing ones, seems quite fair to me.

Of course, with the notion that implementing that isn't too much trouble.

No content will be private. It either exists or it doesn't. At the moment I'm not sure how to determine if the posts in a usergroup are to become public or not. The safe thing to do would be to not make any usergroup available.

If it is an all or nothing, then I would have to go with nothing just based on the nature of information shared in the NFG at times and the trust we offered those members that it would be kept private. It may be old stuff now but it was still private and for those who shared it, sensitive information not offered to just anyone on the forums.
I still hold that level of trust dear and don't think it should be broken. The Shadows can start new story lines I think. Someone just needs to open one RP-ing thread and one discussion thread to banter ideas around in.

I totally agree with Cm about the NFG. While there were some incredible threads which I'd be happy to see again, there was a great deal which was confidential and private shared in that forum and it should remain so.

Back
Top Bottom