Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

Whoa, just noticed the big leap to the goal. Thanks to the true CRPG philanthropists who put my meager contribution to shame.

Everyone should give his spare money - not more.

10$ from a student is relative more than 100$ from a single adult with a full job.

We haben't talked much about the statue - So, are we getting to name one of the four lying statues according to the 2.500 tier description or are we designing a different statue?

10$ from a student is relative more than 100$ from a single adult with a full job.

Well i will try to up my contribution since 25 is my payday ^_^, but keep in mind that in my country 250$ is an entire salary for a month.

Well i will try to up my contribution since 25 is my payday ^_^, but keep in mind that in my country 250$ is an entire salary for a month.

Great Respect from me - contribute with a smaller income at disposal is formidable.
:thumbsup:

Excellent preview. Our friends at the Codex do some things well and this was one of them.

I know $5000 is still a bit away, but it is not impossible, especially as I'm sure they will keep Paypal donations running for a bit more. Larian is thinking of some great stretch goals for both the codex and us to keep things interested.
So thanks to all who were able to donate. It is highly appreciated and I'm sure our presence in the game will be an improvement of it ;)

The point of this half failure isn't how much each people pay but how many people subscribe/pledge.

The number of pledges is ridiculously low and I don't want ever see any kid, adult, senior whining about boring fights, about disappearing of turn based, and even about depth gameplay of the world, if the whiner doesn't show me a proof of his pledge on Original Sin. Ton load of brainless whiners, the reason I hate RPG.

When I saw the amount reach in few days and just on a name, Torment, it disgusted me. I bet this will be a crap because it has no other finance than the pledges. Original Sin is financed by the studio, most probably for an amount higher than Torment kickstarter reached, but for deeper gameplay like is Sin kickstarter, there's nobody anymore.

Sure this forum and the other forum did a good job, but the result shows how it's pathetic in number.

Yeah I whine against whiners, no time to lost trying something else and I don't care the result.

The number of pledges is ridiculously low …

Some people see a glass half full and others (like you) see a glass half empty.

Computer rpgs are a niche market and I appreciate every single indie game & kickstarter project that is bringing back the games I like.

But there are a lot of projects right now and some folks have the kickstarter fatigue syndrom or simplier: an empty wallet.

All in all we are in a much better situation than we were in the last decade.

I, for one, definitely have Kickstarter fatigue. And I've spent foolish amounts of money in the past year on all these projects; more than I typically do in several years of gaming put together.

Even so, I scraped up some money for the $65 tier a couple weeks back since I'd likely buy the two games down the road anyway. But I have not contributed to this RPGWatch fundraiser - partly because I don't have the money, and partly because I don't believe in vanity projects such as this.

Regarding the lackluster number of pledges overall: how much enthusiasm do you honestly think YET ANOTHER sword & magic based fantasy involving a company most people off the street haven't heard of would garner? Even I'm somewhat craving Dragon Commander more than Original Sin for its different playstyle. And, yes, I hated Obsidian's trite decision on Project Eternity as well.

But we need the Winter Watcher Wulf against the Evil of the Original Sin ...

Attachments

• medium_appl.jpg
    medium_appl.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Original_Sin.jpg
    Original_Sin.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 91
  • animals_WinterWatcher.jpg
    animals_WinterWatcher.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 91
… But I have not contributed to this RPGWatch fundraiser - partly because I don't have the money, and partly because I don't believe in vanity projects such as this.
Not even if I throw in a free tattoo of the tower? :)
Yes somehow this is a vanity project, but it does add money for Larian Studios and they will also be changing their game just because of this. It looks like a very large quest will be added as a stretch goal. I doubt that the money raised will cover the expense of implementing this quest, but they are so impressed by the efforts of both the codex and RPGWatch that they will do it anyway.

Both the Codex and we will be leaving a mark on and in the game. We just have to put in some extra effort to make it an even larger mark in the next week or so.

Things are getting tougher and tougher in my country... but I'll double my initial pledge during next week, as I sense this is a community effort, and I do believe in such efforts.

Things are getting tougher and tougher in my country… but I'll double my initial pledge during next week, as I sense this is a community effort, and I do believe in such efforts.

That's the spirit !

(but don't give money you need for real life)

Not sure why but I donated as I've not really liked any of the Divinity games but I've done so. I'm rather surprised by the amount raised for a third party game as a opposed to say the site donations but its all good. I suppose there is a bit of a community thing or at least see a little nod to this section of the internet. It was kinda fun to see the Bear Pit show up in the JA2 remake for instance. Also the tower must stand and the troll must fail.

I have supported a number of Kickstarters but usually on the lowest or one of the lower tiers. Gaming is on a budget in my case. I spent a little more for OS because the 65 DC tier seemed a great deal. And I gave a little extra here for various reasons: I like the idea of us doing something as a community. I have spent very little on Larians games which I all got on sales, but got a lot of entertainment out of them, so I don't mind giving them a bit extra. I like Larian and Vincke, they are very open, enthusiastic, and a great role model as an independent mid sized RPG developer. I like contributing to ideas how we can design our presence in the game. Finally, a community effort like this is my only chance to ever get one of the cooler rewards, as I can never personally pledge that much :)

Imp vs Commander

We want to thank both the RPGWatch and the RPGCodex for the fundraisers they’ve been holding to back Divinity: Original Sin. To show our gratitude, we came up with a bit of extra lore that we’ll happily included should both communities agree.

The RPGCodex fundraiser
The RPGWatch fundraiser

We probably shouldn't refer to the little red guys as imps, but the troll-position is already taken in Divinity: Original Sin.

The Curious Tale Of Commander Myrthos And The Little Red Riding Imps

You'll find many a curious place in Rivellon, but none - Zixzax the Imp Historian will tell you - is quite as curious as the Shelter Plane At The End of Time. Fabulous indeed, would be the heroes who come to inhabit this enigmatic abode, and just as fabulous (as they'd soon find out) are the critters that live there!

No one - and when we say 'no one' we mean 'not even Bellegar' - knows where these red, diminutive demon imps come from, but even though they live at the very edge of the cosmos, a hunter haunts their path …

Myrthos he is called, and rumour has it he is not alone. Does he stalk them because they wronged his kin? Have they broken a sacred oath? Are the forces of the very Divines at work? We can only guess, but the fact of the matter is that a sinister feud is slumbering beneath the surface of an already troubled realm.

Myrthos and his guild obey the mighty Watch. The Red Riding Imps swear by the ancient Codex. Between the two of them there is no common ground; by every oath imaginable they are sworn enemies that seek one another's destruction.

You decide the outcome…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/460101?ref=activity

Back
Top Bottom