So I wanna play World of Xeen on XP

Higher Game

Traveler
Nostalgia bit me, so I got the Millennium collection of Might and Magic, and I have no clue how to make it work. I try to install first and then use DOSBOX but it isn't working. :( Help please.

They all work in DOSBOX, I've not only played them, they're still on my HD and working. Mind you, I had to get my son to set up and configure DB properly for them to work!! :)

World of Xeen ran fine for me on XP Pro without DOSBOX. I used the Mok patch here. I also ran it in Windows 98 / Windows ME compatibility mode, iirc.

I may have also experimented with the official patch, since the Xeen version number is out of sync with the other MM6 numbers. Anyway, it ran like a top.

World of Xeen ran fine for me on XP Pro without DOSBOX. I used the Mok patch here. I also ran it in Windows 98 / Windows ME compatibility mode, iirc.

I may have also experimented with the official patch, since the Xeen version number is out of sync with the other MM6 numbers. Anyway, it ran like a top.

How do you use the patch? My Polish is a little rusty. ;)

I usually set the RAM for 32mb, 10k cpu cycles, and soundblaster sound. Though IIRC the last comp (XP) it pulled the same stuff it did back when we first had it installed on a DOS 486. Locked up when entering shops and stuff with the sound turned on. Went to PC speaker, but never got around to doing the permanent fix.

Though I cannot recall ever having an issue running it in DOSBox, across several computers and years. It could be though that the Millenium version is modified to work in Windows natively, so you might try it out without DOSBox. I know I could get WoX to run in Windows XP without DOSBox, but I always set up DFend so I could easily open all my older games up together.

How do you use the patch? My Polish is a little rusty. ;)
Drop it into the game directory and run the exe. I don't have it installed anymore, so I'm only working from memory. Here is a place where you're likely to still find plenty of folks who still play MM6.

Keep in mind the age of some of the posts there, though. XP has been updated many times since some of them were made, not to mention all the new graphics and sound drivers.

Back
Top Bottom