Gothic 3 Rep question

Cleric

Watchdog
Ok. I've been all around the game map, got everyone ready to aid me that I'm going to bother with. Freed Nordmar. Collected all 5 Artifacts. So, I decide to go for the Rebel ending. I go to the Monestary, go up past Milton and pray at the big Innos statue, only to hear my character say "I'm not ready yet".

I go down to the monestary, sleep til midnight and pray at the small Innos statue only to see the normal options. So now I'm wondering what's up. Is there a particular Rep level that I need with the Rebels before the Innos statue will talk to me?

Help would be appreciated.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I thin you will have to find 12 fire chalices. There are 11 chalices around the gameworld. Milten himself is carrying the last one. Have you found all of them and thrown them into the sacred fire?

And btw have you spoken rhobar about the five artifacts? He should give you the scepter of varant.

Got all 12 Chalices. Threw them in the fire and then gave 11 back. Rhobar has nothing to say to me. Xardas has nothing to say. Tried going to the Hammer Clan Forge and "using" it, but nothing happens there either.

if you choose innos/rhobar xardas has nothing more to do with you. the hammer clan forge is for the path of adanos/xardas. you will need to get the staff from zuben if you have the scepter from king rhobar. also once you have restored the fire chalices there is nothing more to do at that large shrine. its been almost six months since i did the innos route so sorry i can't remember any more.

Ok. I've been all around the game map, got everyone ready to aid me that I'm going to bother with. Freed Nordmar. Collected all 5 Artifacts. So, I decide to go for the Rebel ending. I go to the Monestary, go up past Milton and pray at the big Innos statue, only to hear my character say "I'm not ready yet".

I go down to the monestary, sleep til midnight and pray at the small Innos statue only to see the normal options. So now I'm wondering what's up. Is there a particular Rep level that I need with the Rebels before the Innos statue will talk to me?

Help would be appreciated.

1) Does the dysfunctional journal say anything about what to do?

2) Are you trying to end the game or just to choose Innos side at this stage?

It's been a while, but I think that to choose the Innos side one first talks to Rhobar for instructions (and maybe the scepter of Varant), and then either take the artifacts to the big Innos statue or to one of the mages (have you tried talking to all of them?).
The statue will tell you to kill Zuben and liberate all cities in Myrtana IIRC.

I dont think you need the staff of the eternal wanderer for the Innos ending.

1) Does the dysfunctional journal say anything about what to do?

2) Are you trying to end the game or just to choose Innos side at this stage?
1). Journal still lists many unfinished Orc, Hashishin quests as well as some completed ones. Overall, nothing useful.

2). Just trying to choose Innos at this stage. I only "liberated" a couple of towns early in the game and hesitate to do more before getting Innos's blessing.

Mini Rant- I really can't believe how badly this game leads you from one quest to the next. I mean, now that I've got these "Adanos Artifacts" shouldn't someone be looking to tell me what to do with them?

Does anybody know what's supposed to trigger Rhobar to give you the staff? As stated, he doesn't want to talk to me. Somehow I have the feeling that I'll have problems if I use the "Smack Down and take it" method.

Think I'll "Liberate" a few towns and see if the raised Rebel Rep will open any dialog options.

Does anybody know what's supposed to trigger Rhobar to give you the staff? As stated, he doesn't want to talk to me. Somehow I have the feeling that I'll have problems if I use the "Smack Down and take it" method.
My memory is fuzzy, but I think he gives it to you if you've found all the artefacts of Adannos. You really need to find all the artefacts before you can pursue any of the end game options.

you could post a current savegame if you wanted that way we could identify the solution for you much easier.

Well, I think I've found the source of the probelm, although I don't know what can be done about it.

I was going over the quest journal again when I accidentally hit the "Failed" button. Among the 5 or 6 quests listed there are "Find the five artifacts of Adanos" and "Find all the Fire Chalices of the Fire Mages".

How this can be, I haven't a clue. I have all five Adanos Artifacts in inventory and have empowered and given back all but one "Fire Chalice".

The only thing I can think of is that they may have gotten listed as "Failed" one of the 2 or 3 times I've been killed and was so far from a save that I used the console to revive myself.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the console to change the listing from "Failed" to "Successful"? Thanks.

The game does give you a mild push in the Reddock-Cap Dun-Montera direction, after which I guess you are supposed to stumble into Gorn who more or less directs you to the king, who points you to Xardas who will tell you what to do... But sometimes it is hard to make sense out of the storyline, and Innos is the easiest side to play in a consistent manner (I found it really hard to roleplay the Adanos path given how often you are at odds with the Orcs)

Your explanation seems sensible, some dialogs are definitely triggered by flags rather than by having items in your inventory. Maybe you could try the official jowood forums, they are decent as far as publisher forums go.

As for the scepter I think Rhobar should give it to you when you bring all the artefacts to him. He'll order you to go to the monastery.

Given the crappy journal I find it a huge design weakness that characters only say their important stuff once and then shut up. They should rather repeat quest related info if approached again before the quest is completed.

adanos is not the god of the orcs. beliar is. there are 3 gods in the game. 6 factions. 2 factions for each god. just because in the begining xardas is supposedly 'working with the orcs' doesn't mean his is on their side, xardas is a mystery and like previous games certainly not loyal to any faction.

it might be nice to have dialog repeated but given the fact there is so much dialog in the game it would be hard to set it up to have it be repeatable and not make the game more confusing. they could grey out past text and sink it into a branched tree but i'm not sure how the quest/exp system is set up and it might trigger problems there as well. personally i think its an improvement with the 'world gives the quest' as why should an npc offer/tell me about a quest i've already completed.

the gothic series is not for the lazy gamer.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the console to change the listing from "Failed" to "Successful"? Thanks.
Not that I've heard of. You could use the console command give itemCode to get the item you want from Rhobar, but obviously that's not the same thing. Because Gothic 3 insists on marking some quests failed at the moment of death it seems likely that your resurrection via console command has broken the quest status.

Given the crappy journal I find it a huge design weakness that characters only say their important stuff once and then shut up. They should rather repeat quest related info if approached again before the quest is completed.
Sometimes the journal is so terse it's actually misleading.

adanos is not the god of the orcs. beliar is. there are 3 gods in the game. 6 factions. 2 factions for each god. just because in the begining xardas is supposedly 'working with the orcs' doesn't mean his is on their side, xardas is a mystery and like previous games certainly not loyal to any faction.

it might be nice to have dialog repeated but given the fact there is so much dialog in the game it would be hard to set it up to have it be repeatable and not make the game more confusing. they could grey out past text and sink it into a branched tree but i'm not sure how the quest/exp system is set up and it might trigger problems there as well. personally i think its an improvement with the 'world gives the quest' as why should an npc offer/tell me about a quest i've already completed.

the gothic series is not for the lazy gamer.

Agree on the last point, and thats why I like the games. And I also like how the "world gives quests", as I hate not being able to move on in quest because I missed talking to obscure irrelevant NPC #474. But Gothic 3:s presentation is still somewhat broken.

I know that Adanos isnt the god of the orcs, but the orcs are after all helping Xardas and thus indirecly the Nameless hero if one takes the neutral path. And they are more honourable than the Hashishim:p Xardas also seem to be helping the orcs because he actually likes the "peace" they are bringing, but that might just be my impression.

As for repeating conversations my main issue is that the journal is broken and sometimes only records part of the conversation relevant for a quest. It's not that rare to only have a few oneliners of the type "ok, ill do that" in the journal but to NOT have the actual given instructions about "what" there!

This would have been less of a problem if I could go back to the quest giver and ask him to repeat the instruction, but only until the quest is completed. When it comes to the quest system the instances where conversations set flags should be manageable. Setting a flag only at the first instance of a conversation shouldnt be a huge programming challenge:)

the orcs didn't really help xardas as they don't know his true plans. he offered his power and assistance because he wanted to bring down rhobar and the power of innos. surely he couldn't have done it the other way around because the fire mages despise him as im sure does rhobar so his only means to bring down the power of innos and beliar was to weaken the forces of innos first by assisting those of beliar first. lucky for him he stayed away from the hashishin the other force and faction who wielded the true power of beliar since zuben was 'the chosen one'. if he had been truly allied with the orcs he could have easily helped crush the nordmarians by helping the orcs there but if you recall he actually summoned golems to help protect them. xardas not only has a god complex he may have an 'above god' complex as he seems to see most people/factions as pawns/stepping stones to some unknown ultimate goal he still has which he may truly become the nameless one's enemy. gothic 2 made it seem like it was headed this way but as the adanos route is the neutral (true) ending he seems to have more benevolent plans. but anything can happen and it is for this reason in addition to many others i find the gothic series so engrossing.

Well, the general consensus seems to be that I'm pretty much out of luck.

I've found a save game about a month old that still lists both quests as open and only drops my character 10 Lvls, so I guess that's my only chance to actually be able to finish the game.

Although I realize that this problem is largely my own fault for "cheating" myself back to life, I can't help but think of this as another example of how previous "Gothic's" were superior to G3.

I prefer to be able to play normally with regular saves and resurrect myself if I should get killed too far from a save point (don't tell me you've never got caught up in playing only to realize that you haven't saved in 4 or 5 hours) rather than play with god mode on from the beginning.

Anywhoo, back I go.....

Luckily not in G3, but it has happened that all of my saves were after some stupid mistake of mine:p I alternate between quicksave (every five minutes or so) and a normal save game (usually whenever I reach a new settlement).

Back
Top Bottom