Wreck-It Ralph, a disney movie

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
Yeah, time to point out a Disney movie in it's own thread, because that's what you do when you frequent a website with mostly men at age 30+. You see, Wreck-It Ralph is about a 8-bit character that been a villain in an arcade machine for 30 years before deciding to switch career. The trailer have several celebrities that you are likely to recognize. :)

Cute, but I think I'll pass.

I wonder how much money Disney had to dish out to Nintendo, Capcom, etc., for using those characters.

The advertisemnt youtube showed me before that did not fit into the movie's theme at all. The contrast could have never been greater.

Wanne see!

EDIT
MUST see. Kano was in that group.

That robot that sits in the meeting, where is it from? It looks a lot like something out of One must Fall 2097, but it is not identical (at first I thought it was the one from Robotron 2084, but its arms are not very similar, and it is the wrong colour)

Cyborg Justice, perhaps? I wondered about that one, too.

Hm, that is a game that I've not even heard of before. It does look a bit like one of the robots in a screenshot that I found.

Another possibility is that they could not get the rights to the Robotron cover robot, and thus went with something similar (that was a pretty iconic game after all).

Also, they released a simple "arcade game" called Fix-it Felix jr, to promote the movie. Best played with sound off, as the music gets annoying very fast.

Saw the movie the other day and it's the best videogame movie I have seen. It contains tons of famous videogame characters and tons of hidden eastereggs and obscure references that only a gamer would understand. Very recommended, especially if you can pause the video because there's a lot of "blink and you'll miss it" stuff. Also make sure you look through the credits because there's lots of videogame references there as well.

I was trying to figure out what this was the other day when I saw it at the store. I only noticed it because it had several video game characters I recognized, like Sonic the Hedgehog.

I may pick it up when it's on the $5 rack.

wreckitralph1.jpg

One of my favorite bits is the credits where they use various videogame techniques for graphics, including prerendered 3d downscaled to 256 color lowres, chunky pixels fps and dithered sprites.

It was last year's best movie (at least in my book). Loved it. Preordered the blu-ray. Probably the last Disney movie I ever watched.

I still have to see it, unfortunately, but it's on my list of "must see" ! ;)

In Germany, it is called [roughly translated] : "Ralph has enough !"

(The German title of "Ralph reicht's" is not that directly translatable; but you get the feeling. "Es reicht mir !" is usually said by someone who just has enough of something that just got too much on his or her nerves. It is based on the verb "reichen", like in "ausreichen" which means "to suffice", according to http://dict.leo.org
dict.leo.org translates "Es reicht !" with "I've had it !")

Cute, but I think I'll pass.

I wonder how much money Disney had to dish out to Nintendo, Capcom, etc., for using those characters.

The number of trademarked characters in the film was a surprise. It helped add a lot of nostalgia and imo was among the best features (along with all the gamer humor). I enjoyed this one, especially the Ed Wynn-like villain. Characters that emulate him, Paul Lynde or the great Charles Nelson Riley have a special place in my heart.

Great movie!

I like these recent animation movies

Rise of the Guardians
and
Hotel Transylvania

too.

I watched this last night. The part where Ralph is hiding in the chocolate swamp, breathing through a straw, he made an unmistakably Darth Vader breathing noise. I wonder if that was meant as a hint about Disney's plans regarding Star Wars. What do you guys think?

it was okay, i wish there was more than all the epic characters simply making cameos and not really doing anything in the film.

besides Q-Bert

it was okay, i wish there was more than all the epic characters simply making cameos and not really doing anything in the film.

besides Q-Bert

I love that they added Q-Bert though. We are talking about an early 80'ies computer game character that is not Pac-Man. Along with Tapper. Some young one said "Mario!" when they saw Tapper and I was like "no, Mario is like for teh young".

Back
Top Bottom