Legend of Grimrock 2 - Ratlings! Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Legend of Grimrock 2 website has a new update from Almost Human about a new race in the game called the Ratlings. Here is a small sample of the update.

ratlings1.jpg

As some of you may know, we’re introducing a new playable race in Legend of Grimrock 2. There is no place in the Northern Realms without them scurrying around. They have spread all over the lands as they seem to wander around endlessly and seldom stay in one place for a long time. Those creepy rodents are sometimes hated and feared for their scruff looks and contagious diseases they bear. But hardly anyone denies the fact that they find their way around the realms and that they are known to be some of the most seasoned creatures there is.

When you pick a ratling in the game’s character generation section, you get to choose your looks from the portrait gallery, done by our friend Emile Denis. Read more about the creation of the new portraits in here. In game terms ratlings have Strength -4, Dexterity +2, Max Load +15kg and are immune to diseases. Ratlings also get a chance to pick a special racial Mutation trait which boosts one randomly chosen ability score by 1 at level up.
More information.

Can you say, "Skaven"?

Oh man, the memories. I didn't play tabletop Warhammer but I loved playing Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat. I remember the blasted Skaven giving me much trouble…until I got artillery. Then it truly was blasted rat. :)

Anyway, I LOVED Grimrock 1, and the sequel looks to be even better. Plus I really appreciate the developers not doing the nonsense Early Access garbage. Respect to studios who simply work hard and deliver a great game.

Anyway, I LOVED Grimrock 1, and the sequel looks to be even better. Plus I really appreciate the developers not doing the nonsense Early Access garbage. Respect to studios who simply work hard and deliver a great game.

+1
LoG was a surprisingly good game for me. I wasn't expecting much, and it turned out to be some of the most fun I had that year. Although to be fair, 2012 wasn't a particularly strong year for crpgs.

LoG 2 will be a day 1 purchase for me.

A game that most likely will have all of its content and not require 300 patches before playing. A game that someone can actually play on the day of release, and not feel like they should wait a few more months. That's what Grimrock meant to me 2 yrs ago, and I'm sure the sequel will be more of the same. More pure awesomeness.

A game that most likely will have all of its content and not require 300 patches before playing. A game that someone can actually play on the day of release, and not feel like they should wait a few more months. That's what Grimrock meant to me 2 yrs ago, and I'm sure the sequel will be more of the same. More pure awesomeness.

Great comment. Totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom