GOP Corruption and Obstruction

OK, this may not be on topic but still incredible

Richard Mourdock, the Republican U.S. Senate nominee in Indiana, last night described pregnancies resulting from rape as a "gift from God" and "something that God intended to happen."

Almost more amazing than Mourdock's outrageous belief is that he is on the verge of becoming a U.S. Senator.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pn-mourdock-rape-20121023,0,3802264.story

Even I have a problem with a statement like that!! He needs a lesson in Theology 101- Beginners Basics!!!! :)

A criminal''s point of view on that would perhaps be :

"Great ! So let's all of us rape as many women as possible - God wanted it to happen !"

Yeah, he's playing the "misspoke" card with moderate success, but he's also doubling down on the social conservative mumbo-jumbo. He was going to get my vote because his fiscal chops are top-notch, but I've got to admit this bit of idiocy has me reconsidering. Unfortunately, the dems don't have an Evan Bayh running for them, although Donnelly claims to be a blue dog so at least the alternative isn't some Pelosi-ov sycophant.

The Beach Boys sang "Barbara Ann". They never sang (nor wrote, nor endorsed) any of the parodies that came years later.

Yes, but I meant that a politician had sung it, in the newspaper article it even sounded as if he had mistaken this parody's text as the real thing (which sounds quite weird, this at least).
Now I know the real story, at least, if the Wikipedia article is correct.

Yeah, he's playing the "misspoke" card with moderate success, but he's also doubling down on the social conservative mumbo-jumbo. He was going to get my vote because his fiscal chops are top-notch, but I've got to admit this bit of idiocy has me reconsidering. Unfortunately, the dems don't have an Evan Bayh running for them, although Donnelly claims to be a blue dog so at least the alternative isn't some Pelosi-ov sycophant.

Well at least you are considering alternatives rather than mindlessly toeing to vote with the party. I've actually voted Republican at least once when the Dem candidate was far less qualified than the rightie (Richard Riordan, but he was much more moderate than today's extremist freaks). hard to believe, but true. :)

"Funny" chart

gop_rape_advisory.gif

Back
Top Bottom