DnD Turn-Based Strategy

EDRPGFAN

Watcher
Last edited:
This does look great. They seem to be using the ToEE music.

I'd love to see Troika back together and working on a 5th edition game.

What thing I'm not sure if I'll like is this blurb-

Passage of Time
Time plays a major role in the game. As you play, the time of day changes, and all external areas will visually reflect this. Whenever your characters rest, several hours pass. When travelling to other locations on the world map, time will pass relative to the distance traveled. Time passes even when in combat - the longer you fight, the more time goes by.

As the days and weeks pass, various events will happen in-game. Several events can only occur during fixed time frames, as the armies of the Red Hand march along the Elsir Vale.Your primary task is to stop them before it is too late; there are a number of secondary tasks which will divert you from this path. If you arrive at certain locations early enough, you may be able to save characters that would otherwise die. Whatever the case, the story will continue.

Should you move on ahead of the horde and warn unsuspecting cities of their approach, or stay behind to save the wounded and get stragglers to safety? Spend your time wisely - losing in battle is not the only way to get a Game Over!

This is usually something that makes me feel pressured and anxious while playing.

Last edited:
Hmm. The interface skin looks curiously like the ones that have been demonstrated for PoE.

Hmm. The interface skin looks curiously like the ones that have been demonstrated for PoE.
It's a free RPG Maker game and they always borrow resources from other games. As long as you make no money off your game it seems developers don't care.

Now if you sell it on Steam you better be prepared for a law suit.

You can't beat that price. I'd pay $50 for this game though if they were selling it just from what I've seen.

There's an interesting D&D turn-based strategy RPG on the PSP console, called Dungeons & Dragons Tactics. I haven't delved too deeply into it yet but it certainly seems like a game I will very much enjoy.

Just a heads up to anyone interested. The PSP is a surprisingly nice system for RPGs.

... Dungeons & Dragons Tactics... .
Tried to play it just after RHoD. via PSP-emulator. I'm a fan of dnd, played all pc games based on it since DarkSun, DnD tactics isn't the worst of them (Daggerdale is) but i couldn't finish it. it's totally boring

I thought D&D Tactics was an average game on the PSP. I didn't like playing Daggerdale when it launched as it was Atari's last D&D game, and I'm happy they lost the license.

Last edited:
I played Daggerdale to completion in couch co-op mode with my dad. It was an awesome little game. For $10 or whatever I spent, I couldn't argue at all.

I was pretty upset to see that they left such a great cliffhanger for a 2nd game, but it never happened. :( I would have liked to see where they went next with it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it Fluent but all I remember was a broken game when I tried to play it on launch. They might have fixed it with a few patch's they released.

Anyway my problem with Atari is about how they handled both NWN and NWN 2. I did an Interview with a mod maker, and developer from Ossian Studios about this.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25767

Last edited:
It was far from broken when I got around to it. Can't recall a single bug throughout the whole game!

That interview you posted is really, really good, Couch. Thanks for sharing. About to comment on it in the original thread.

Back
Top Bottom