Dungeons of Aledorn

Presentation of the game

Greetings to all fans of RPG games. This is the first of a series of “News” which we will be publishing at regular intervals. In this you will learn a little bit about our project Dungeons of Aledorn (DoA).

DoA is a combination of classic old-school dungeon Crawler with modern RPG elements and tactical combat. Within the DoA gameplay you can move in several major GUI options, which will put particular emphasis on the feasibility and credibility of the world of fantasy, as far as possible.

DoA_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_Team21_Manto_ART_logo.jpg

The basic GUI is as so: Exploring your location while you browse the DoA world from the first-person perspective, as it is known in the old dungeon Crawler habit. The GUI will perform many non-combative activities – exploration, opening chests, finding secret entrances, interacting with NPCs, collecting herbs, and lots more.

The second GUI you will encounter is traveling around the map. Nowadays it is widely advertised and very popular to use the “open world game”, but we decided to form locations, as is used in many of the games you will know eg. Fallout from games or Baldur’s Gate. Thus, we can free up vast resources that we can use to create better and more interesting locations. Of course, while traveling within these areas, the player may come across a plethora of random encounters that will create the necessary atmosphere.

Another interesting GUI management will be the sleep – camp. In this GUI, you can set what your entourage will be doing while resting, which is then reflected in the different characteristics of each character.

Perhaps the most important and at the same time our greatest challenge is the DoA GUI fight. This GUI will combine an ISO-metric view and perspective. Here the GUI places the highest demands on reality. We don’t want the player to get frustrated with something he wants to do in the game that it does not allow him to do. Another major attraction of our game is the battlegrounds (with few exceptions), which are not prepared in advance, but will be placed precisely where the players meet the enemy character. That whatever the player sees in the GUI explore mode will surround him in the GUI fight.

DoA_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_Team21_Logo_KS.png

Dungeons of Aledorn will be a mix of puzzles, dialogues, tactical combat, quests, performances and, ultimately, a quality RPG system. The game is designed for hard-core gamers and gamers looking for a challenge. DoA itself was inspired by several prominent games in the genre. Namely: Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, Kings Bounty and Fallout.

The next news 4.11.14

You can also follow us on:
Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Last edited:
Sample graphics of the game – below deck

Greetings to all fans of RPG games and DoA. Three days have already passed since the last presentation of the project, so we’re here today with something new to share, showing a little of our game graphics. These are some screenshots from one of the first locations that the player sees. It’s a boat deck. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do….

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_01-1024x575.jpg

http://www.aledorn.com/wp-content/uploads/DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_01.jpg
Picture 1 – Below deck 01

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_02-1024x575.jpg

http://www.aledorn.com/wp-content/uploads/DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_02.jpg
Picture 2 – Below deck 02

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_03-1024x575.jpg

http://www.aledorn.com/wp-content/uploads/DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_03.jpg
Picture 3 – Below deck 03

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_04.jpg

http://www.aledorn.com/wp-content/uploads/DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_below_deck_04.jpg
Picture 4 – Below deck 04

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_kickstarter1-1024x575.jpg

http://www.aledorn.com/wp-content/uploads/DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_kickstarter1.jpg
Picture 5 – DoA Logo with Kickstarter info 02

Keep us the favor and share us

Also you can follow us on:
Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team 21
www.aledorn.com

Last edited:
Pictures 1-4 aren't showing up for me. Checked them out on the web site. Looks really good. I like the art style. A bit more color here and there would be good though.

Pictures 1-4 aren't showing up for me. Checked them out on the web site. Looks really good. I like the art style. A bit more color here and there would be good though.

Me too. I don't know, why doesn't work.
So for this moment i use just normal link to my printscreens on DoA web.

Constructive Criticism I hope:

I would strongly suggest having your updates done by someone who is a native English speaker, if possible. The artist side of things looks well in hand. I'm positive that your English is better than my Czechoslovakian though :) For us here at RPGWatch, your English is fine, but for a kickstarter it'll have a better chance if the writing is accurate.

Constructive Criticism I hope:

I would strongly suggest having your updates done by someone who is a native English speaker, if possible. The artist side of things looks well in hand. I'm positive that your English is better than my Czechoslovakian though :) For us here at RPGWatch, your English is fine, but for a kickstarter it'll have a better chance if the writing is accurate.

It's a truth, I do have for translation native EN speaker.
But sometimes I must react and answer quickly.
And my English is not so good, I know about it.
So here is a question, what is a better way.
Fast answer with mistakes or answer in few days without mistakes.

Fast answer definitely; at least here. On the kickstarter, make the updates with the native EN guy but feel free to answer comments yourself. At least, that is this nut's opinion. RPGWatch has tons of folks from all over the world so perfect English isn't expected. The Americans, like me, can hardly speak or type it at all :)

Also, the more you have to read and type English, the better you will get. There are some of our members who were pretty bad years ago, but their English skills are equal or better than mine today.

In fact, you could post a newsbit here that you are planning on using as an update for your upcoming kickstarter. Let the folks and editors here give feedback and then you'll have advance knowledge of whether you're getting your point across in the most favorable way. This is beneficial to us at the Watch, as we get a preview of the update, and hopefully to your kickstarter as a whole.

Third NEWS from DoA development - Blog n.1 – How it all began

Greetings to all DoA and RPG addicts! Im sure you cant wait for another flashnews!
Today, let’s dive a little into our history. In this very first edition of my developer blog I’m posting someting on the creation of the project and its background.

Condra_logo_KS-1024x506.jpg

In the following days I’m going to update my blog with another news, mostly on the project’s history and motives concerning GDD writing. So if you’re interested in the information on how DoA was born, stay tuned here for more.

Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Next NEWS from world of DoA - Sample graphics of the game - montain town Manto

Hello friends RPG, DoA and fantasy at all. Today I would like to introduce another location, which DoA players can visit. This is a small remote mountain village, in which, however, any time you can spend some time. Plus, assuming that you love to do side quests on the top, you can if you want to.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_04_Manto_01-1024x641.jpg

Picture 5 - Manto surroundings

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_04_Manto_02-1024x640.jpg

Picture 6 - View of the Manto village square

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_04_Manto_03-1024x635.jpg

Picture 7 - View from the square toward the river

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_04_Manto_04-1024x637.jpg

Picture 8 - The main route to the village Manto

Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Last edited:
The screenshots look pretty good. Hopefully, you have video that is ready or will be ready by the kickstarter launch. There are more and more kickstarters, so yours needs to stand out in the presentations if you really want a chance at making your goal.

The screenshots look pretty good. Hopefully, you have video that is ready or will be ready by the kickstarter launch. There are more and more kickstarters, so yours needs to stand out in the presentations if you really want a chance at making your goal.

So of course, we plan to video. How Trailer and gameplay as well.

Greetings to all fans of the game Dungeons of Aledorn. Passed us again 3 days and thus we come to another "News". At present, we introduce a graphical representation of the GUI - explore. On the final version, of course, still works, but this is already largely functional GUI and most of its elements are active.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_06_GUI_explore_04-1024x640.jpg

GUI - exploring mode - 01

We plan to GUI-adjustable. That’s mean, the player can position individual elements varied to suit his playing style. Likewise, it will in some elements adjust their size.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_06_GUI_explore_03.jpg

GUI - exploring mode - 02

Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Blog - n.2 Start assembling the team

Greetings to all fans of the game DoA. In today's "newsflash" we will introduce you to another part of the blog. This time the topic to establish the team. In the blog I discuss the difficult early days we had regarding hunting for people, and introduce some of the former members of the team.. Blog can be found here.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_02_kickstarter_031-1024x576.jpg

DoA on KS - 03

Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Ill definitely kickstart this. Be sure to make the combat interesting, that is the bread and butter of most rpgs, if people dont like the combat generally people stop playing after a while. GOOD LUCK!

Ill definitely kickstart this. Be sure to make the combat interesting, that is the bread and butter of most rpgs, if people dont like the combat generally people stop playing after a while. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you very much for your support. Battles should be the main module of the game. So I hope that we will catch players interest with this element.

Nefarit

Sample turn-based battle

Greetings to all our supporters. This time I would like to introduce to you how a duel will look like. You will see some screenshots directly from the fight. Most animations that will be carried out by the characters in battle are created through mocap of our group. The mocap itself will be certainly mentioned in some other news. So enjoy this, and if you like our game DoA, do not worry hit the like button and share us ;).

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_07_battle_05-1024x640.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_07_battle_04-1024x640.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_07_battle_03-1024x640.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_07_battle_02-1024x640.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_07_battle_01-1024x640.jpg

Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Introducing the interior of the pub

Greetings to all fans of the game development DoA. In today news we will again show a little of the game environment and game – graphics. This is the interior of a pub from the capital Lim. The interior is filled with NPC`s generated by one yet unnamed software, including our own mocapped animations.
Keep us in favor and do not forget to share us ;)

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_08_tavern_01-1024x576.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_08_tavern_02-1024x576.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_08_tavern_03-1024x576.jpg

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_08_tavern_04-1024x576.jpg

Facebook
G+
Twitter

Team21
www.aledorn.com

Focused on Team21

We have been lately often asked the one same question: Who´s actually Team21?
In today's news we're going to show you.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_09-1024x641.jpg

Photo 1- Almost entire Team21: from the left - Daniel Nezmar (Lead graphic designer), Marek Kačaljak (Music), Zdenek Rygl (Motion capture actor), Martin "Arbiter" Mikš (Lead programer), Jaroslav "Jerry" Knotek (Programer assist), Ladislav "Nefarit" Štojdl (Game designer), Yeve Drovosseková (Graphic artist), Tomáš Studnička (Motion capture), Jakub Ejem (Motion capture), Jan Tříška (Project assist). And the ladies below: from the left - Martina Nováková (Marketing), Heather Crowther (En-Translation).

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_08-1024x641.jpg

Photo 2 - This is our main workplace. Here take numerous discussions, programming, modelling and overall all the important stuff place. The empty space next to "Arbiter" belongs to Dan, who´s at the moment behind the camera.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_07-1024x641.jpg

Photo 3 - Another view at our main office. Arbiter is just working on the combat-system.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_06-1024x641.jpg

Photo 4 - Jerry is polishing one of our mini-games.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_05-1024x641.jpg

Photo 5 - A sneak peek into the cutting room. Dan is just discussing our music with Mark. Dan is actually team's main "all-can-do" man.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_03-1024x641.jpg

Photo 6*-*Heather*nahrávající dialog

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_02-1024x641.jpg

Photo 7 - Yeve in hers element.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_04-1024x641.jpg

Photo 8 - Motion capture: Our swordmaster Zdenek prepares for a mighty slash.

DoA_Team21_Dungeons_of_Aledorn_news_09_photo_01-1024x641.jpg

Photo 9 - And at last but not least, one must never forget to have some fun.

Today you got to know our workplace and our very appearances. Be sure to check out our blog in the future for more details about each team member.

Back
Top Bottom