HP Mini Note UMPC Review

txa1265

SasqWatch
As promised here ... I really liked it.

Seems that lately the biggest thing in computers is … small computers. UMPC (ultra-mobile portable computers) in particular. Things have been moving from desktop to laptop for some time now, and it has been some time since notebook sales have become the driving force in the industry. However, as the shift occurred something else happened - laptops kept getting bigger. People wanted fewer compromises, and that meant giving bigger screens and keyboards while keeping battery life the same. They also wanted fully functional optical media devices (CD, DVD, etc) as well as a full complement of ports and slots. This all added to the weight and bulk of the systems.

The Mini Note looks well designed and sturdy. But the performance.... *sigh*.
Wonder how long we'll see both small and powerful mini notebook.

Hm. I don't know what the hell I'd do with it, but I want one. :)

Interesting review Mike. Sounds like something more than just a toy--thanks for filling me in on something I might otherwise have totally missed. :)

I plan on *only* bringing the Mini-Note on vacation (oh, and my DS and PDA with ebooks) ... leaving behind my Mac & PC gaming powerhouses ... we'll see how that goes ...

Hey Guys, my article at GamingWithChildren got entered into a contest at a HP Mini Note fan site - hp2133guide.com.

Until the 22nd at midnight you can vote once per day and help me win the poll :)

The link shows an error message in my case - on the right side of the middle frame.

Back
Top Bottom