Obsidian's new RPG announcement "soon"

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous
Last edited:
I had a happy smile on my face until I read the word "soon" at the end of the sentence, which turned my face into a :(. (EDIT: posted this message before the South Park news)

I would also like an Icewind Dale III provided they will replace the high fantasy setting with an original one, get rid of the D&D ruleset and make you create a single character (with joinable NPC's) instead of a full party ;).

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is a joke… right?

I certainly hope so but unfortunately it isn't April 1st.

First of all, it isn't the type of animation franchise I would have preferred. Second, it isn't even on PC…….and third, please let this not be the game for which Tim Cain is hired.

EDIT: Now they say it is on PC as well. At least you won't need a powerful computer to run the game so Obsidian doesn't need to optimise their code and can focus on what they do best :).

Last edited:
Worthless hacks!

I feel like a Star Wars fan who just watched the Phantom Menace. Or a Lost fan who just watched the finale. Or a Star Trek fan who just watched Star Trek 5.

Betrayal of the highest order.

Last edited:
Great for Obsidian. Interesting license, full scale RPG, AAA contract work which helps pay the bills.

I'm actually a huge fan of South Park. It's a great animated show, one of my favorites in fact. I just don't see it transferring well to this medium.

Haha. Is it turn-based? This certainly calls for a What. The. Fuck.
Though I doubt they could come out with a different "leading animation franchise project" that would interest me anyway.
And they´re not even doing the writing?

Well, for now I think I´ll consider this Obsidian´s side project that will help them to develop the real stuff, aka as of now, that Sawyer game.

I quite like South Park. I definitely like RPGs. Will I like this? It seems like the gaming equivalent of grafting a human ear onto a mouse, but I'll give it a whirl if the reviews are good enough.

I like South Park and would have preferred Ugly Americans, but this will do. If it sounds half-way decent I'll grab it.

I would also like an Icewind Dale III provided they will replace the high fantasy setting with an original one, get rid of the D&D ruleset and make you create a single character (with joinable NPC's) instead of a full party ;).

Sooooooo, not IWDIII at all then!

I really enjoyed the joinable NPC mod for IWD2 (haven't played the IWD1 mod yet) and would like to see that as an option if they did an IWD3.

I'm actually a huge fan of South Park. It's a great animated show, one of my favorites in fact. I just don't see it transferring well to this medium.

The real question is: Will Kenny die in every chapter/level/30 minutes?

When you look at the pictures you can see a high fantasy theme below in the water reflection. Perhaps it will be a parody on AD&D.

I'm pretty sure those images are from the episode where they spoofed LotR, but I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated a lot of things from different episodes into the game.

Back
Top Bottom