Two Worlds

I'm dual core and am able to function on horseback.

@mud: hmmm... well, the beta 1.6 patch is out and they are trying to improve horse control with it. Maybe it will address your problems.

Just played the demo for like an hour or so. My impression of the game thus far is pretty favorable, it's got the kind of wide open exploration thing that I really like. It's got that quirky feel and look to it that RPGwatch crowd favorites such as Gothic tend to have, I have a feeling that this one is going to be around for a while. They might as well just bust out a forum for it.

I was dumping points in the parry, and didnt see any benefit, started doing increased damage and critical. Forget the parrying bs anyway for a demo, by the time the percentage gets good the thing'll be over, sir noob. I just keep jumping back. Liked the trap, been using that quite a bit. Havent really used the old dust in the eyes, by the time theyre that close I'm just trying to keep my strike then jump thing going right.

I didnt get that far into the horseriding (it's a work night!), it was kinda weird to control in combat. I was fine until I started swinging my weapon and the horse just stops! Oh man, keep movin dude, I'm trying to do a ride by assault here. And then I stirred up a hornets nest of Groms down the road too, so I had both bandits and grom mixing it up on me = /

I died quite a few times at first, literally everything is hostile, and in packs. I thought the big swingy staff might be good, but in the end I found the sword far more effective due to the superior maneuverability in combat. Ive seen complaints not really here but elsewhre about the graphics, I think they look pretty cool! You got your flora, weird looking bears, and all the other environmental stuff, it's got a nice look to it imho.

I'm liking what I see so far!

But of course what I'm not seeing is the laundry list of problems or broken/ not implemented features people are chatting about in the forums, which I suppose rear their ugly head once one starts playing in earnest. Whatever. Theyll break out another 1 gb patch and it'll be all good ='.'=

I have yet to find a broken quest, etc in the game and I'm level 28 now!!

I have yet to find a broken quest, etc in the game and I'm level 28 now!!
I have found two or three that I can recall based on my annoying habit of not doing what the NPC in front of me tells me to do next. So if, to take a recent example, one NPC tells me to talk to 'NPC B' for more info about dealing with 'mega monster X', and I just go and take care of 'mega monster X' and then go to talk to 'NPC B' ... he isn't there.

I think that pre patch 1.5, the game was buggy. The US release is version 1.5 and there aren't many (if any) significant bugs.

I am on the US 1.5 release, and have broken quests. What is worse is that everyone keeps trying to send me to this person who isn't there to discuss this monster I've already killed. :rolleyes:

Specifics?

You are being ornery, but keeping things quite vague as to what exactly your 'bugs' are.

I apologize - I'm not trying to be ornery at all, just to avoid spoilers. Also, I am not trying to indicate that the quest system is broken or that there is a rampant 'broken quest problem'. Just that there are still issues remaining.

For example:
- The 'brother wants his wife back' will never resolve if you get her back using the alternative method.
- Finding Scar is related to clan and house quests, and if you have already wiped out one or more of them, he will never appear and the quest will remain.
- In the desert if you look for the White Dragon you are told to see a guy in a hut and also that you should get some 'gems' from the desert for his alter to summon the dragon. If you approach the (marked) Dragon Lair with 5 sulfur in your inventory you will complete the quest and summon the dragon. The quest to meet the 'Dragon Whisperer' will remain, but he won't show up.

I don't really call them broken quests, just unresolvable perhaps. I doubt any developer could program for all the perverse possibilities we players can create!! :)

True enough, there are some unresolved quests, and I've been confused by a few myself. Some only seem to work if you do them the 'right' way, but of course we don't know what the right way is, and I know that many of us have our own perverse ways of not doing what we're supposed to do in games... 'let's see what happens if I do this'.

Sorry to impute a nefarious motive to your intentional vagueness.

Playing my little female character. She's so short that when she carries a long sword on her back, it almost hits the ground.

I don't really call them broken quests, just unresolvable perhaps. I doubt any developer could program for all the perverse possibilities we players can create!! :)

I call it broken since in many other areas if you do something that prevents completion of other quests it quickly 'fails' the others for you. But like I said, this isn't really a big deal to me ... other than that nasty completist streak I have ...

Hmmm, I could grab TW for $32.90 now if I want. Even though I wasn't too impressed with the demo, I might go ahead and get it for that price. More for a lack of rpg competition than anything else.

There just isn't much going on right now in that genre.

Hmmm, I could grab TW for $32.90 now if I want. Even though I wasn't too impressed with the demo, I might go ahead and get it for that price. More for a lack of rpg competition than anything else.

There just isn't much going on right now in that genre.

Given your complete lack of enthusiasm for the demo, I would wait ... something tells me it will see $19.99 before Christmas ...

I'm level 58 or 59, and like txa, I've got a handful of broken or incompletable quests. It's not a huge deal, the game has a ton of quests and levels are not exactly hard to come by. I respecced my character to an archer and have been running around blasting golems and orcs into pieces. What's really fun for me is that I don't have to start over to try out the various combat types. I've played with fire magic, summons, melee, and archery all with the same dude. I was trying to complete the whole map, but that might be too much to chew in this game. I'd end up killing 100,000 wolves if I did that.

My next character is going to skip all the northern quests that aren't mandatory, and focus on playing south of Qudinar. I like this area much better than the hilly north. I'm so tired of crawling up hills :D

:wall: I knew I forgot to check somewhere!

Well, it is hit or miss like anything ... I just got a mediocre PSP game that is supposedly like 'Alien Shooter Vengeance' for a shipped total of just under $7 ...

Got it!

I just purchased a sealed collector's edition for $26.62 total.

I really lucked out on this one. I just happen to check Ebay for copies and there was one that had less than 4 minutes left to bid on. I placed my bid with 8 seconds left and scored. :biggrin:

Got it!

I just purchased a sealed collector's edition for $26.62 total.

I really lucked out on this one. I just happen to check Ebay for copies and there was one that had less than 4 minutes left to bid on. I placed my bid with 8 seconds left and scored. :biggrin:

Nice deal. I payd $81 for my royal edition. It comes with special stuff like dagger and shirt (still unopened so dunno about the size).

Back
Top Bottom