Witcher 2 TW2 - New gameplay footage of combat (among other things)

The Witcher 2
Looks very good, though I suppose I should consider playing The Witcher and completing it before this one releases...lol Been busy with other titles and just hadn't gotten around to it yet!

Saw this a little while ago over at GameGuru, it's definitely new footage afaik.

The music starting at 2:50 in the video is indeed horrible, but I'm pretty sure that was just for demo purposes. Other than the BGM, I thought the vid was great.

There´s also a set of new-ish videos on Gametrailers ("Questing Developer Walkthrough"), which shows similar things, but with some commentary and it shows combat with a lot less rolling and there are some blocks even.
The combat starts around 2:00 into the second part.
Some dialogue choices are rather spartan, hopefully a pre-beta thing.

And yeah, that metal track is dreadful and needs to be taken out.

Last edited:
Lol yes the "metal" track is plain boring, but quote the music and game aren't synchronized, it's music past over the game movie. Witcher 1 have been one of the very very rare game I play all along and let the music even if at lower level. Cut the music in game is fine for me, in general I felt it badly done even if the music if cool.

Just watched a trailer of the first boss fight and saw the qte's are part of the game. What happened to them being optional. I despise qte's if you miss one button you have to start all over again.

I'm amazed. This looks downright AWFUL. There's no way I'll be getting this.

I haven't finished the first - which I only bought due to it being SO cheap on one of those sales, but even after the super-extended-developer's cut-supremo-platinum edition, it just didn't grab me. I never found the combat to be very good and the UI was still so rough after so much time. Meh.

I'm currently playing Divinity 2: DKS and it looks miles better than this, IM(nsh)O.

Liked most of what i saw but the controls and qte's looked quite console like. We'll see I played the first one mostly for the choice and consequences anyway , but enjoyed many other aspects of it as well.

Back
Top Bottom