Soma - Release Date & Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Frictional Games finally announced the release date of the highly anticipated horror sci-fi game Soma:
After almost five years of blood, sweat and tears we can finally make the following announcement:

SOMA, our upcoming sci-fi horror game, will be released on the 22nd September this fall on PS4 and PC.

And to celebrate that, here are 12 minutes of uncut gameplay footage:

Here are three quick bits of trivia about the video:

1. When the video starts we are about 1 hour into the game.
  2. The protagonist is not an amnesiac. He has an established past, knows who he is, but isn't at all sure about the situation he's in.
  3. There are lots more things to explore in this level than what's shown in the video. For instance, you can avoid the robot attack completely by acting differently.
More information.

This could be a sleeper hit this year.

Usually horror is not my thing but it seems a great game.
I am wondering if people that like RPGs will also like horror games/movies?

Many Watchers like the System Shock and BioShock series. Soma fits into this subgenre of games. Which is actually a colorful mix of genres: Shooter, Adventure, Sci-Fi-Horror, Survival, RPG...

Many Watchers like the System Shock and BioShock series. Soma fits into this subgenre of games. Which is actually a colorful mix of genres: Shooter, Adventure, Sci-Fi-Horror, Survival, RPG…

Sure but system shock /bioshock isn't that horror ish. This game seems "scarier".

The sci-fi grungy, rusty metal interiors are getting a little cliche for me. If you put me in that setting without knowing it was a new game, I'd think I was in about a dozen other universes.

This is a Steam sale buy for me, depending on reviews.

Seems more an adventure game then an RPG. Still I enjoyed the developers last game called Amnesia: A Machine for Pig. I'll probably wait or a few reviews this time though.

Seems more an adventure game then an RPG. Still I enjoyed the developers last game called Amnesia: A Machine for Pig. I'll probably wait or a few reviews this time though.

The second Amnesia game was released by Frictional, but not developed by them. The Penumbra games and the first Amnesia might be better indicators of what we're in for.

Back
Top Bottom