BioWare - Untitled Star Wars Game?

Lucas isn't good with dialogue or people in general, and all the actors have pretty much said as much out in the open.

He's great at the technical stuff, though.

But I think he lost his magic many years ago - and no amount of yes men can bring that back.

Abrams is a copycat hack who can't conjure up a personal vision to save his life. He's the ultimate Hollywood factory worker.

The only way we're going to see a great Star Wars film from him is if, by some miracle, the script is particularly strong.

But scripts have never been worse in blockbusters from Hollywood - and we're seeing the stupidest dreck get all the attention, including abysmally bad stuff like Prometheus, Avatar, the new Star Trek movies and so on.

As such, I estimate a less than 1% chance of seeing something genuinely good.

But that won't matter to the audience. They just want a spectacle - and they're sure to get exactly that.

If it's using canon characters during the time period of the film series, then I'll bet it's going to be a linear, canned plot with pretty restricted character development. Most likely a console-style game as well. I'm going to hold off on this one until I read the reviews.

Rian Johnson will direct the one after JJ, I have hope for the new trilogy and spin offs.

It's laughable that Bioware still thinks its brand carries a premium let alone value.
Sales and continued success prove otherwise. Your opinion is not a fact.;)

I can't wait to watch the next Star Wars movie, and play the next Bioware RPG based on the movie. Hopefully Disney does not introduce another Jar Jar Binks character.

Sales and continued success prove otherwise. Your opinion is not a fact.;)

I can't wait to watch the next Star Wars movie, and play the next Bioware RPG based on the movie. Hopefully Disney does not introduce another Jar Jar Binks character.

It's funny how that works huh.

What I have seen so far from stills and such looks amazing(the movies that is.)

Surprisingly, starwars rebels(new cartoon) is quite well done. Gives me hope.

Chewbacca? Crap. That means it's in or around the time of the movies. That time period is a mess in terms of lore and characters already.

Disney already cleaned the lore by saying that everything post-Return of the Jedi will most likely be ignored by the new trilogy...

Disney already cleaned the lore by saying that everything post-Return of the Jedi will most likely be ignored by the new trilogy…

Mostly the extended universe is gone, but the movies and Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebellion are still canon (they're before RotJ so yeah)

Disney already cleaned the lore by saying that everything post-Return of the Jedi will most likely be ignored by the new trilogy…

Mostly the extended universe is gone, but the movies and Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebellion are still canon (they're before RotJ so yeah)

I am aware of the fact that they'll ignore it in the coming movies, but that doesn't mean they've done any cleaning during the time of the existing ones. There's nothing to indicate Galen "Starkiller" "I-can-pull-a-star-destroyer-out-of-the-sky" Marek isn't still around. And so on. There are already so many games, books, cartoons and what not spanning those 20 years, it's become a complete mess.

If they want any kind of creative freedom while still creating a story that makes sense, it has to be set in another era. No Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker etc.

It's laughable that Bioware still thinks its brand carries a premium let alone value.

Oh, it has plenty of monetary value.

I was talking about the power it has over me.

Mainstreamers will like anything that's a spectacle - so long as the name is intact. They'd buy a rotten burger if it had a Star Wars logo bent in neon on a stick :)

Then they'd argue that it's not all bad and that it's still pretty.

Hehe, maybe they're right. But it's not for me.

I am aware of the fact that they'll ignore it in the coming movies, but that doesn't mean they've done any cleaning during the time of the existing ones.

Why would they have to? To many people, myself included, the only things that ever really mattered in the Star Wars universe, are what we got to see in the movies.
As far as I am concerned, Episode VII starts 30 years after the victory celebrations with the Ewoks on Endor.
I could not care less whatever expanded universe crap has come out in the meantime to cover any post-Endor events, especially now that it has officially received the "non-canon" stamp of disapproval.
To people like me there is no mess that needs any cleaning at all. I'm finding it very easy to ignore everything that did not come from Lucas(films) directly.

Why would they have to? To many people, myself included, the only things that ever really mattered in the Star Wars universe, are what we got to see in the movies.
As far as I am concerned, Episode VII starts 30 years after the victory celebrations with the Ewoks on Endor.
I could not care less whatever expanded universe crap has come out in the meantime to cover any post-Endor events, especially now that it has officially received the "non-canon" stamp of disapproval.
To people like me there is no mess that needs any cleaning at all. I'm finding it very easy to ignore everything that did not come from Lucas(films) directly.

Right, then you should be ignoring this thread. This thread is about a new Star Wars game with Chewbacca in it, which means it's on par with The Force Unleashed etc, and thus it's smack in the middle of the mess I referred to.

Also, The Force Unleashed is not post-Endor.

Its kind of shame how they treat EU stuff.

I really liked Kyle katarn story for example. Is disney just going to ignore everything? Shamefull and disrespectfull for all the writers and fans. How about wookiepedia? Fans have put 20 years of work for updating that thing…

I get that expanded universe has a lot of crap. I for example never understood the retarded story about cloned emperors and revived boba fett :p BUT there is good stuff too.

It's much easier for them to ignore it. They don't care about all the work other people put into expanding the universe and why would they?

They'd have to care about something other than money as the first priority.

Its kind of shame how they treat EU stuff.

I really liked Kyle katarn story for example. Is disney just going to ignore everything? Shamefull and disrespectfull for all the writers and fans. How about wookiepedia? Fans have put 20 years of work for updating that thing…

I get that expanded universe has a lot of crap. I for example never understood the retarded story about cloned emperors and revived boba fett :p BUT there is good stuff too.

I've seen no indication that they're simply going to remove the existing EU. They're going to ignore the major post-RotJ plot elements because the storylines there would pretty much dictate the story of the new movies, but they haven't indicated that Kyle Katarn or Galen Marek didn't exist.

Since the Katarn story is after RotJ, it is likely that he'll be ignored, but I doubt they'll go out of their way to make sure his early stuff didn't take place.

It's much easier for them to ignore it. They don't care about all the work other people put into expanding the universe and why would they?

They'd have to care about something other than money as the first priority.

Or it is such a mess it would be hard to make it all work? Not enough control was put into it.

Or it is such a mess it would be hard to make it all work? Not enough control was put into it.

Yep, there would be no way to integrate all of it into the new movies. Where do you even begin? Emperor clones? Thrawn trilogy? Those incredibly silly Yuuzhan Vong, who are immune to the Force?

It's a mess. Plain and simple. A huge chunk of the EU is barely fan fiction level.

Edit: Not all of it, of course, but most of the good stuff is placed in other eras than the OT, such as Bane and KotOR.

Edit 2: And don't even get me started on all the Solo + Skywalker crap..

To note they haven't said it is all gone, but that they will be treated as legends so they can use it if they want or not.

Thrawn for instance was pretty cool.

Yep, there would be no way to integrate all of it into the new movies. Where do you even begin? Emperor clones? Thrawn trilogy? Those incredibly silly Yuuzhan Vong, who are immune to the Force?

Why would it have to be integrated into the new movies though? I don't see why most of those things can't still exist and just not be part of the movies.

Back
Top Bottom