Skyrim Questions

Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim. I just grabbed the Vilja mod last night looking for a little bit better companion. The weakest aspect of Bethesda games are character interactions, and though Skyrim is much better than its predecessors, Obsidian and many modders do a better job in this aspect. Loving the game again though :) The alternative start mod had me as a mage apprentice, so I did several mage guild quests before visiting Helgen and starting the main quest.

You should try the Cerwiden follower mod as well, it went from a really nicely scripted follower spell sword healer to the latest version which is a fully voiced NPC.

The voice acting is easier on the ears then Vilja IMO.

Thanks for the tip. I think the everyone inside mod should have been called Run away, run away and feature a picture of the Monty Python guys :)

I don't like followers that are overpowered though. From the sounds of Cerwiden, he/she sounds like a master of all. I'll check it out and see what the comments read like. I agree with you about Vilja's voice. I'm not sure if the lady voicing her has a speech impediment or is just trying to sound unique. Here's a free tip to all voice actor wannabes. Use your real voice unless you are doing several characters. Don't try to be cutesy, because it'll suck :D

By 'spell sword healer' I meant to say she is proficient as a one handed attacker and most of her spells are defensive/healing. Spell wise she offers little offensive punch BUT shes great at helping you stay alive with healing. I had her as a follower (pre- v/o version) and as long as you can dish out offensively shes a great follower to help defensively. If you need DPS or similar kind of follower as your PC is more defensive as well then shes prob not for you.

Agreed with the v/o comments... I saw the video of Vil and lost all interest in the mod as my ears wouldn't stop bleeding...

Wow, I thought I was a demanding player. Enemies don't seem different in Skyrim?
I want it all and I want it all NAAAOO! ;)

Vilja is awesome. I believe that's actually the lead programmer doing the voice so the voice acting isn't awesome but I think it's pretty good for a programmer. The accent is a straight up natural Swedish accent, as near as I can tell.

Now if we could just get Felicia Day into modding….

Last edited:
I'm another fan of the Vilja mods (for both Skyrim and Oblivion). Not recommended for those who are principally into combat and gamerscores/achievements (like my sons), but highly recommended for people into the RPG experience who are willing to invest time in a storyline. I actually returned to Oblivion just to play the mod.

The voice acting for the lead character was done by Emma, the character creator and story writer. She's Swedish and it's her real accent. I find it charming.

Plus it's a well made mod. Bugs have been few and pretty mild.

P.S. And welcome aboard Geriatricus!

I have no doubt the story is interesting. I simply can't get past the very harsh (to me) accent. Very distracting and frankly annoying. I'll stick with Cerwiden, much easier on the ears and a very interesting character/story as well.

I eventually got used to Vilja's accent. She'll even ask you about it, asking if it bothers you :) Her quests are pretty lame, just a bunch of find ingredient quests and the voice actor for some of the NPC's is even worse than Vilja's. The fun thing about her is the location/situation awareness. Vilja will comment on several main quest locales, if she is with you. You take her to a vampire cave and she'll be scared the whole time she's there. She's also nervous in dwemer ruins, but loves killing bandits and is scornful of them. It's the pertinent comments that really sells her character.

I've had her since the beginning and she finally admitted that she's in love with my character after we've been together for over 100 hours of playing. For the longest time she would just call me friend, then dear friend, best friend and now she's admitted that she's in love. There is nothing sexual from her, although with body mods she's nude every time she swims :)

She is also aware of other NPC's. I've only had her with Lydia so far, but she has several different conversations with Lydia and I know she has dialogue for Mjoll and Aela too, along with others. It's a really deep mod that I highly suggest, despite the poor quests associated with it. You can get a secondary NPC if you do them all however. I'll dump Lydia and take Mjoll or Aela soon.

Back
Top Bottom