Risen 2 - New Videos

Holy shit, we get a parrot *and* a monkey?? Screw the ignorant previews, time to swash buckles me mateys!

The monkey looks awesome. Should make playing a thief very fun like it was in the first Risen game. I'm looking forward to this game. Looks sweet.

Are those videos available anywhere else. Gametrailers keeps freezing or restarting mid-video…. :\

I tried looking for another link, but there doesn't seem to be one yet.

I hate watching videos on GT because it doesn't allow me to skip foward or backwards. Everytime I try, it locks up and forces me to start watching from the beginning again.

Anyways.. the game looks great considering they're showing an alpha version. Here's the YouTube link for the G4 gameplay video. Very cool example of using voodoo to solve a quest.

The lighting in dark areas shown in the first GT video is shocking. This is obviously X360 footage but it looks poor even for 720p. The sky and the distant trees also look quite bland in the same video especially in contrast with the well-animated monsters.

Gameplay-wise Risen 2 looks like a bigger step for PB than all their games since Gothic 1 combined. The "nuff said" option, the monkey and voodoo, if available for more than just a couple of quests/situations, definitely have potential . While the melee combat looks like typical PB counterattacks, parrots and guns provide a variety that seems to make up for the removal of magic.

I'll avoid the spoilers for now, but you guys are lifting my spirits a bit this morning...

Gameplay looks OK with the exception of a bit of a detached feeling to melee combat. It sometimes looks like the weapon doesn't really connect with your foe and thus it appears to lack the visceral "oomph" sort of feeling.
Also looks like animations and character models are (once again) going to be the weakest limbs on the graphical side.

Oh well, just five more days until the beta begins so we'll see how good or bad it all feels in "live" action then :) .

I'm one of those gamers who could happily live his entire life playing fantasy RPGs in a tolkienesque setting. For whatever reason, I just don't think I'll ever tire of it.

That is why I was a little underwhelmed when I heard the next Risen game will be in a pirate setting.

But it's still a PB game and for the most part they have been putting out single player (YAY) RPGs that really fit my tastes for quite a while now. So despite the 'piratey' setting I'm very much looking forward to this game.

I'm one of those gamers who could happily live his entire life playing fantasy RPGs in a tolkienesque setting. For whatever reason, I just don't think I'll ever tire of it.

That is why I was a little underwhelmed when I heard the next Risen game will be in a pirate setting.
I feel the same, but anyway looking forward to it. When I hear "Pirate" I think of "Pirates of the Caribean" and immediately think of movies for retards.
But now I try to be open for non-tolkienesque, non-dwarves/elves etc. kinda stuff.

I feel the same, but anyway looking forward to it. When I hear "Pirate" I think of "Pirates of the Caribean" and immediately think of movies for retards.

Think less "pirates of the caribean" and more "Monkey Island" and you'll be a lot happier with their decision ;)

Well, that looked great, as fas as I'm concerned. Dig the monkey and the option to cap someone in dialogue. Fear my monkey! I'm in. Day 1 purchase.

I know there are a bunch of people dying for good pirate games. Some modders went to some real lengths with the Akella games. I hope to see some interesting mods for this, and i hope PB taps into a new niche and makes lots of money.

Back
Top Bottom