Divinity 2 Divinity 2: Secrets, secrets, everywhere!

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
One of the most fun things I'm doing in Divinity is discovering secret areas. The game is stock full of them. Some are found by reading carefully, others by carefully observing the map and others just by thoroughly combing the walls, looking for anomalies. The great thing about this, is that there isn't any key button to make all secrets highlighted. It takes good, old-fashioned searching. Quite a bit of fun. I'd been in this one place's basement 5 times and never noticed the little button. Clicking on the button revealed a nice little treasure. I love little touches like this.

Glad to hear about this, I got Div2 last week but I don't know when I'll get around to actually playing it.

I love finding secret areas in games, and that's something we don't see very often in recent titles.

It IS loads of fun ... seeing someplace you can't access or an area in a building that is unaccounted for and hunting down the secret mechanism ... definitely nice touch

So far the combat hasn't been very challenging. I'm only in the starter areas though. My toughest fight was
fighting the assassin Penumbra while protecting the miller. She was whomping me pretty hard and I died twice before getting her stuck behind the miller and his daughter while I spammed magic missiles. She was only hitting me 1 out of three instead of every swing.

I've gone with mage skills mostly, although I put a single point in whirlwind and I've almost maxed out lockpicking. I'll never remember where all these chests are, so I decided to just go ahead and take lockpicking instead of marking every chest on the map and then coming back. There have been several skill books hidden in the first areas of the game, so I've got some "free" points.

Kudos again for Larian allowing us to mark their maps freely and for the wonderful conversation log. Those two things have made it pretty easy to navigate.

Back
Top Bottom