Underrail, formerly known as Timelapse Vertigo

Closed Beta Testing; Release Date

Hi guys. It is my pleasure to announce that the game has now entered beta stage and will be released in full on December 21st 2015. As before it will be available on Steam and GamersGate, but now also on GOG.com.

UnderrailReleaseDate.jpg

In the following two weeks we will be doing closed beta testing to make sure the game has as few bugs as possible on release.

Also a little heads-up: at some point between now and full release the game's price will be increased from its early access/alpha price to its full price. Those of you who have followed us since the early days know well that the game has since grown in scope and quality far beyond that of the initial release.

Thank you all for being patient with us throughout the years, the long wait is now at an end.

Just wanted to let you know I finally bought this...it is downloading now, is it ok to start playing it now or should I wait for the final release...

Can I keep playing with a character?

Styg, what's happening for those of us who purchased through Desura?

Just wanted to let you know I finally bought this…it is downloading now, is it ok to start playing it now or should I wait for the final release…

Can I keep playing with a character?

Wait for the final release since you won't be able to keep your saves/character and also the new areas have been improved a lot.

Well what nice X-mas surprise. I haven't played the game since last year, and given all the new updates I can't wait. Congratulations on finishing the game Styg.

Dev Log #44: New Trailer; Release Date Moved Forward

Hi guys. Just a quick update to let you know we're moving release date forward to December 18th. Everything else remains as stated earlier.

Also, we did a much needed new trailer for the release. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kefd0cFWs

Styg loses psi
Styg loses psi
Styg loses psi
Styg loses psi
Styg loses psi
funny :lol:

great news :party:

Game Released

Hi guys. As most of you are aware by now, we've finally released the 1.0.0.0 version.

Development of this game has been one interesting 7 year adventure for me. First it was a one man part-time (read: night-time) hobby project where the basis for all that is to come was laid out. Then it was a one man full-time mad scientist sort of operation that gave birth to most of the game mechanics seen today. And then lastly, as a three man project during which the amount and quality of the content expanded far beyond my original intentions and even hopes.

CongratsStyg.png

(fan-collage by Blaine)

But all this would not have been possible if there was not a deep-seeded desire for this kind of gaming experience, still echoing from the void left by the departure of classical western RPGs, present in you, the players. So, personally and on behalf of the team, I thank you for patiently supporting us throughout the years and I hope that the final product is to your liking.

We'll still be here, supporting the game by ironing out any remaining bugs and applying some more polish here and there. As for what happens next, we'll discuss that when the dust settles. Stay tuned.

This game has pulled me away from both Fallout 4 and Wasteland 2. I am loving it.

I keep hearing that I'm going to hate it when I get to the Deep Caverns. I hope that's not the case because I want to keep loving it. Amazing job on the game, amazing game - I honestly would put the sheer "fun" level of this above almost anything else I've played in 2015. I love the character creation options - I'm playing a Will/Str/Int sledgehammer psionic guy. Psionic attacks for everything, heavy metal armor, and a sledgehammer for robots. :)

So far, so good.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Anyone doing the fishing quest? Do you have to fish at certain spots to catch the right fish?

Version 1.0.1.4 Release - Quality of Life Improvements

Hey guys. Along fixing the bugs we've been working on some quality of life improvements, so without further ado here they are.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Fonts - We've replaced one of the game's fonts to improve readability and also added more size options.

Outlines - We've added character outlines which should improve visibility and make targeting somewhat easier when things are happening behind walls and other obstacles.

Inventory filters - We've replaced inventory filter combo box with icons and also regrouped item categories in a way we believe will be most practical.

Combat stats tooltips - We've added descriptions for all the different stats in the combat stats window when you mouse over them.

Combat speed settings - Combat movement and action speed can now be adjusted in the game's options.

New save system - This is strictly under the hood thing and nothing is changed regarding how and when you can save or load the game (old saves are compatible with the new version). For those advanced users - we archived the separate zone files to improve save/load performance and also got rid of the temporary current game structure on the disk and moved it to memory.

Other minor stuff
  • Critical crossbow hits now also affect elemental damage (acid, shock and incendiary) from special bolts
  • When attacking in melee from stealth, target's dodge rating will be ignored if it hasn't detected you yet
  • Added more crafting components and ammo to Deep Caverns
  • Added a few more hints to certain Deep Caverns dialogs
  • Quinton's mushroom growing room is now accessible
  • Added a number of Lower and Upper Metro areas to better connect certain places

Bug fixes
  • Critical damage modifier from items will now be properly applied to fist weapons (e.g. infused ancient rathound boots)
  • You will no longer be able to snipe down certain obstacles that were not meant to be sniped down
  • Jawbone will now correctly be considered a crossbow for the purpose of trading
  • Nicolas will no longer return from the dead to haunt you
  • Cut throat attack will no longer fail if you get detected during the attack itself (the eye wasn't read when you started performing the attack but the attack itself pushed it into red state)
  • When incendiary bombs cause a character to burn they will now properly suffer 150% of the original damage as the description says
  • You can no longer attempt to burst or rapid fire with an empty weapon
  • Fixed Jerre Franz not healing the player in certain instances
  • Fixed Fort Apogee zone security settings
  • Fixed a certain important woman not properly reacting to a player's response regarding her husband's fate
  • Fixed certain responses not appearing when speaking to the Faceless centaur near Foundry
  • Fixed being able to start the Find Blaine quest even after certain events took place
  • Silas' questline will now properly continue questline after the player pays him instead of doing his initial quests
  • Fixed a missing dialog option during Mediant Samuel's second mission
  • Fixed the unintended failing of the Kill Rathound King quest after a certain event has taken place
  • Crawlers and rathounds are now neutral to each other
  • No more free repairs from Mykola
  • Nicolas' and Olivia's quests will properly fail upon death
  • Fixed Maura's faction id not setting correctly after you've helped her
  • Accussing a certain person of comitting a murder and then initiating combat through dialogue will no longer cause the whole station to become hostile
  • Fixed the interview cutscene playing even when the player is hostile to the Tchortists; that quest will also properly fail now
  • Fixed dialogue options not appearing when asking Oskar and Lt. Stratford about a certain man
  • Fixed Arke consoles being hackable even after the player turns off the security system
  • Doppelgangers are now immune to Expose Weakness
  • All elevators should now properly notify the player when they are unpowered when used
  • Shield emitter weight will now be properly calculated when adding optional components
  • Various typos and map fixes

That's all for now. I hope you guys like the changes. As for what we'll be doing next - we'll primarily be working on more content for Underrail so stay tuned for more info on that in the coming months.

Thanks for the update - I have been playing it as time allows, and thoroughly enjoy the game! One of my faves of 2015!

I have enjoyed this game to a great extent - up until the Deep Caverns.
Man, what a huge let down that segment was! I had to stop playing. Unfortunately, I'm not looking back unless some big changes are made, which I doubt because that's Styg's view for the game.

First off, you're thrown there without knowing you'll never be able to come back unless you kill Tchort. That's frustrating because i was thrown into the pit at level 20 and my only save before that was hours before.

Second, the respawn in that area is insane! Sure, the whole game features light respawn and I could cope with that. Nonetheless, waves upon waves of tchortlings and faceless keep coming and they're meat sponges: huge HPs and resistances. That makes traveling (and there are lots of backtracking there) extremely annoying.

Third, Tchort's curse! That's possibly the worst part. You are forced to keep hiding and waiting or the endessly respawned creatures will zero in on you.

Oh, have I mentioned you can only find normal ammo down there?

What I mean is, when game's mechanics got turned upside down so suddenly it completely destroyed my enjoyment of the game. i really can't understand why Styg chose such an obnoxious design for the Deep Caverns. The community's backlash was immense and I hope he learns something out of it.

Doesn't make the rest of the game bad, but it surely leaves a bitter taste after 70 hours of gameplay.

It's not Styg's fault that you went hours between saves. Why would you do that in any RPG?

I had multiple autosaves, multiple quicksaves and my main save. In my 70 hours of gameplay I never felt the need for more than that. Problem is, I was afraid of those areas and wound up quicksaving a lot.

By the time I talked to Six and noticed that was a no return area, I had already burned my autosaves and quicksaves. So my last normal save (the only one out of the Deep Caverns) was quite far away.

Thing is, this is just another reason. The whole Deep Caverns concept was flawed to me. If I deemed it worthy, it wouldn't be a problem to backtrack some hours. But no, the whole segment, which is pretty large, just sucks IMO and by then I just didn't care.

Biggest disappointment in a long time, just thought I should share.

Back
Top Bottom