The "I Just Bought" thread

Well well, I got lucky and it just arrived :)

I've already installed it.

I'm going a bit overboard as I've dedicated my 780 ti to PhysX.

Let's just say Witcher 3 on max (1440p) is one smooth ride, even with 8 AA on HairWorks ;)

Just had to show off a bit!

Well well, I got lucky and it just arrived :)

I've already installed it.

Let's just say Witcher 3 on max (1440p) is one smooth ride, even with 8 AA on HairWorks ;)

Cool stuff. I, on the other hand, am going the other way. Ever since I got my 27' and am running at 2560x1440, I've had to turn off hairworks completely to have 45+ fps, and have a somewhat fluid experience on my 980. Funny how buying new hardware can have the opposite effect. :D

Btw, when you say you're running 8x AA, are you editing through some ini. file for that kind of fine grain control? I can't seem to find that through the game gui.

Btw, when you say you're running 8x AA, are you editing through some ini. file for that kind of fine grain control? I can't seem to find that through the game gui.

8xAA on HairWorks is the default value. You can change it to improve frame rate - and I recommend a setting of 2 or 4.

It's in the rendering.ini file in the the "Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base" directory.

Well that is very impressive. I got a new card this december, medium-highend but it still isn't enough to make it with all settings on highest and only 1680x1050 in resolution. On the plus side I expect my next game, fallout 4, to be less demanding even with some mods.

Not new (actually a few months old) - Garmin VivoActive. This is a great 'running & fitness smartwatch'. It has the normal activity tracking, sleep tracker, etc from a fitness band but on a watch with a 35mm screen. It also has an app-load system for things like watch faces, weather apps, fitness info and so on. For me the biggest thing is the GPS - classic Garmin GPS. Finally it is a 'smartwatch',so I get notifications for emails, texts, updates, etc. Not bad - certainly more useful for me than an Apple Watch.

Garmin Vivoactive Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RE1UL52/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_TG.NvbZ41NGK1

Though I am thinking about the new Garmin Forerunner 225 - good fitness tracker, excellent GPS, wrist-based heart-rate monitor.

Also ... after more than 6 'iPad-Free' months ... I bought another iPad Air 2. Using the Livescribe 3 'smartpen' just wan't satisfying for me, and I wanted to get back to the iPad.

Also bought a new case: Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2 (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q5CZ0RA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_3M.NvbAMV5N56

Currently replaying The Last of Us, while waiting for the 1.7 Witcher 3 patch to hit PC, also bought these two. No idea why I didn't before. A prequel graphic novel, and the Art book.

Great game. I look forward to playing it again as well, but I don't have a PS4 yet, and there's no point in replaying the PS3 version.

And I never heard about it.

Sorry, but I don't think so.

I'm a diehard PC, M&k guy, but there are some console games that should just be played and The last of us is one of them.

Sorry, I don't see it on Steam, Origin, uPlay, GOG, Rockstar Social Club nor Battlenet.
WindowsLive is dead so won't bother checking there.

Any other suggestions where to look for it to buy?
Sorry, but this just seems like the fox and the sour grapes. Anyway, to each his own.
LOL if only.
That's my issue with GTA 5 currently as I refuse to pay 60€ for 2 years old game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

But that other title you're all talking about? No. I've searched for it, there is no possibility to buy it.
Are you suggesting I try with black market? I could but what's the point? If the game is that good people would buy it, it'd be possible to buy it.

next two Sonos 'bits'. So expensive as associated with Apple in marketing/selling over here. So another (second Play-1) and a Boost as we have a 100+ year old house with double brick walls

I bought myself a Line 6 Amplifi 150 guitar amp.

3448590_11392536058.jpg

I'm very impressed with it. It's not an amp in a traditional sense. It's essentially a stereo speaker, which emulates the sounds of many different amps and effects pedals. I'm sure the modeling of these effects would not satisfy top studio quality, but they sound great to me.

The most useful thing is that when learning guitar parts, many great tracks use quite a complex array of effects, and practicing without having access to the correct guitar sound is pretty hopeless in many cases. This thing lets you get a very good approximation of almost any guitar sound, very easily. I really think that getting the correct sound is half the battle.

Also, it doubles a speaker you can connect to a hifi, and the sound is really quite impressive.

After year of waiting we bought a 2014 peugeot 308 SW (we were in the introduction party last year). Should be good for all baby transportation needs and has a good fuel economy too.
http://www.nettiauto.com/peugeot/308/6923513

Our previuos car had lighting and tire issues and also was costing over 1000€ per year to maintain (307 sw 2005, 10yo, 192km).

How does that work anyways? Do you just move your old card into the #2 PCIe slot and then identify it under PhysX settings in the Nvidia control panel?

Would you say it's been worth keeping your old card just for that?

How does that work anyways? Do you just move your old card into the #2 PCIe slot and then identify it under PhysX settings in the Nvidia control panel?

Would you say it's been worth keeping your old card just for that?

Yes, that's pretty much how it works. You pick one card to dedicate to PhysX.

Unfortunately, I have to report that results are entirely underwhelming. I did this primarily for Witcher 3, and as it turns out - most of the physics involved are CPU bound, and won't really take advantage of your card, which came as a surprise to me. There's literally not a single FPS of difference, regardless of whether I use it as a dedicated card or just move PhysX to the main card.

In most games, you're not likely to notice it. There's supposed to be a few games where a second card should help, but I've yet to find a proper example.

Perhaps something like Arkham Knight, but I haven't tried it with the dedicated card disabled yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

I probably wasn't going to do it anyways because I didn't think it would be worth the additional power usage and heat output. What you've told me pretty much confirms what I suspected.

Thanks for the feedback.

I probably wasn't going to do it anyways because I didn't think it would be worth the additional power usage and heat output. What you've told me pretty much confirms what I suspected.

AFAIK, it doesn't take much power since it's not being used much, and I've placed it a small distance away from the main card - so the heat output is negligible.

The only reason I've kept mine in, though, is that I don't really have a use for it anywhere else, and I'm too lazy to sell it :)

Back
Top Bottom