3 best rpg in the last 5 years?

In some kind of order it'd probably be:
  1. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
  2. Gothic 3 (with CP1.7)
  3. Mass Effect
I haven't played among others The Witcher or Drakensang though.

SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone else voted POR2!!!!!! The tide is turning ;)

Which tide is that ... ? Are going to soon see Mistmare, Dungeon Lords and PoR(S) 2 as the top 3 ;)

My top 3 is dependent on whether Vampire : Bloodlines is allowed or not.
The list goes:

Nethergate: Resurrection
Eschalon Book 1
Vampire: Bloodlines

If Bloodlines isn't allowed, then I guess I choose Fallout 3. It's kind of a default choice, though. I'm not a big fan, in fact I think there's a lot of silly stuff in it, but it was more enjoyable than plenty of other efforts I played. I imagine if I had managed to play to any depth any of Vogel's other games in the last 5 years, it would have taken the third spot easily.

I would liked to have chosen crowd favourites like Gothic 3, or NWN2 or The Witcher, but found all of them to be massively disappointing on first release. Especially NWN2, which is the only one of the three I perservered with. I wish I hadn't - I want my 100 hours (or whatever it was) back!

I understand that Gothic 3 and The Wicther were improved a lot by subsequent patches, so I'm willing to look at them again some time in the future.

I would liked to have chosen crowd favourites like Gothic 3, or NWN2 or The Witcher, but found all of them to be massively disappointing on first release. Especially NWN2, which is the only one of the three I perservered with. I wish I hadn't - I want my 100 hours (or whatever it was) back!

I understand that Gothic 3 and The Wicther were improved a lot by subsequent patches, so I'm willing to look at them again some time in the future.

I would *definitely* recommend The Witcher EE. It's without a doubt one of the best crpgs released in the last 5 years. Top 5 for sure, Top 3 depending on personal taste.

Back
Top Bottom