• Hate it!

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Not interested in Fallout

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Moriendor
Oh he can (crap what was his name again?) but todd was all over it as I remember him doing interviews about how excited he was about securing all the captians and todd's a very hands on kinda guy.
http://www.duckandcover.cx/gallery/displayimage.php?album=79&pos=11

As I recall I didn't say they developed it (crap, whatever your name was again). :)

DArtagnan
Yes, just trying to have a bit of fun. :)

The games I think about in relation to Bethesda (as the creators of FO3) are:

The Elderscrolls Arena
The Elderscrolls Daggerfall
The Terminator: Future Shock
The Elderscrolls Legends: Battlespire
The Elderscrolls Adventures: Redguard
The Elderscrolls Morrowind (and expansions)
The Elderscrolls Oblivion (and expansion)

Bethesda developed and released a ton of sports and racing games internally as well, but I don't really take them into consideration as they're not related to FO in terms of genre or style.

Every single game on my list has serious flaws that prevent it from realising its potential, except perhaps for Redguard which had a modest ambition and which I didn't bother to complete. However, it seemed reasonably well done overall for what it was.

This is of course entirely my personal opinion, but I really do think the flaws in question are serious enough to instill permanent doubt in me, regarding their ability to ever create a wholesome quality experience. But hopefully I will one day be proven wrong, and given the fact that they're using a variant of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system instead of their own extremely dull system from TES games, there might be a shimmer of hope with FO3.

Too bad I'm not really into the whole post-apocalyptic setting which I find a bit too depressing. I know I'm a freak here, but I couldn't enjoy Fallout on quite the same level as most of you undoubtedly did. But as a game, it was consistently great from start to finish.

i vote not impressed.But when i think that a fallout title will have the dialogues of oblivion or morrowind(i liked that) well.....then no need to spend points in intelligence.

Can't decide.

It can anything from good to horrible. I made a decision a long time ago not read any of the previewes because the oblivion case proved how easily those journalists can be manipulated by benth's pr machine (radiant A.i anyone?). Better to wait reviews (and even then be very sceptical).

From what I've read and seen (video/pictures) it looks like a lot of fun!

I'm not a purest or elitist...if a game is fun for me to play I play it, period.

I don't need or want some grandiose philosophical decision making process, I have a wide variety of tastes when it comes to games and it doesn't take me long to know if I like something or not.

Looking forward to giving it a go :)

And yes I did play the original and enjoyed it as well...but nothing imo needs to be copied or set in stone ;)

Looking forward to Bethesda's take on the franchise/world/game!

Regards

(won't be long now)

Voted "Good, but some concerns". Fallout 3 sound good, but still could turn up as a turd based previous Bethesda's record on good story telling and uninspired questing system. Will wait for reviews and forum comments before decide to buy or not.

Fallout 3 is going to be a crap as far as I know. But why do I think like that?
First of all - Oblivion. It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't also RPG. It was an action game with RPG elements and that's all. Fallout 3 should be a RPG - with interesting dialogues (not dumb monologues like in oblivion), choices&consequences (not like "kill it with magic or kill it with sword?"). Morrowind was far better than Oblivion (more skills, interesting world etc, but I wouldn't call it RPG anyway) but Oblivion sold much better so Beth is going to release second Oblivion.
Second reason is Bethesda never made any RPG. TES series has not much RPG elements. Not much dialogues, choices etc.
Third reason is everything they showed us so far. It just looks like FPS with RPG elements, same as STALKER. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I think.

It'll be horrible as cRPG, but I don't know if it's going to be fun as FPS.

I just read the news today that console fallout has leaked and is in distribution & available freely at warez sites. Thats month before release. So much for supporting the game for not using a DRM. :/

At this rate I feel like giving up on buying games. I could easily d/l free all my games just like everyone else I know. Why the hell should I pay for them? Bah.

I just read the news today that console fallout has leaked and is in distribution & available freely at warez sites. Thats month before release. So much for supporting the game for not using a DRM. :/

At this rate I feel like giving up on buying games. I could easily d/l free all my games just like everyone else I know. Why the hell should I pay for them? Bah.

If you do everything that everybody else does, you also have to play Sims, listen to Britney Spears, and die with 78 years. Revel in your individuality, man.

Pirates will be pirates, Arrrr.

If everybody became a pirate, there'd be no money for new games to be made!!

If I want a new Harry Potter book - it should be written by Joanne Rowling.

If I want a new Fallout - it should be designed by Timothy Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, Jason D. Anderson, Christopher Taylor, Jason Taylor, Scott Campbell and programmed by Timothy Cain and Chris Jones.

...time will tell.

I have no idea how this makes any sense at all?

I think he's disheartened to see how dishonest thieves win out over honest consumers - once again. A kind of "if I can't beat 'em, join 'em", perhaps (sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth, zakhal)

I can understand a beat of defeatism when faced with the insurmountable wall of piracy. Not just from producers, but it's disheartening as a consumer to see someone else get what you pay for for free.

I think he's disheartened to see how dishonest thieves win out over honest consumers - once again.

But this is a *console* piracy thing - if anything it should be a wake up call to PC publishers, sort of "we were too smart to believe your crap ... and this pretty much seals it."

How the hell would someone play a pirated Xbox game anyways? I thought the Xbox 360 used some kind of proprietary HD DVD format.

How the hell would someone play a pirated Xbox game anyways? I thought the Xbox 360 used some kind of proprietary HD DVD format.

There are always mod chips ... don't know how they circumvent the XBOX Live stuff ... but I know it is pretty rampant.

Yup and the console piracy have been exist for years, and sometime the shop that sold the consoles also help consumer modified the system to play pirated game.

It's easy to pirate a XBOX 360 game it uses a DVD format, and you can also mount it from the xbox hard-drive. Wii is even easier. However the PS3 cannot yet be modded to play pirated games. However many people think it is too much work to mod the XBOX 360 and it voids the warranty etc etc etc. The piracy on the PC is just too easy you don't need to make any effort at all, it is even easier than buying the game. Neither do you void any warranty, I guess that's another reason so many PC gamers pirates.

Does this direct comment from one pirate help you understand? (translated from finnish)
Its great that som people are willing to pay for games. They fund the
game development and make it possible for us smart people to download the games free. As for myself I put that money elsewhere i.e reduce my house loan. Its much nicer to buy few squaremeters of house during the years with that game money.

http://plaza.fi/edome/uutiset/piratismi-yllatti-talla-kertaa-nintendon

Back
Top Bottom