Divinity: Original Sin - Update 1.0.53 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian Studios has released a new new patch on Steam today. Here are the details.

Enjoy your weekend! Here is update v1.0.53

Hello everybody,

As we enter the weekend, here's an update that should solve several problems some of you have been experiencing.

- Fix for wrong alignments (this should also fix existing save games). This for instance solves the problems with the bone totem in the Luculla Mines.
- Local chat is auto-enabled
- Greatly reduced memory usage for Win32 systems. This should lead to more stability.
- Fixed crash when a destroyed item was still in the skillbar
- Fixed a rare crash on level swap
- Fixed a crash when crafting in two inventories at the same time
- Fixed a crash when disarming trap while it detonates
- Fixed a crash for fleeing while invisible
- Fixed graphical artefacts on characters on the Mac version
- Fixed low-res terrain textures
- Fixed crash in multiplayer menu
- Disabled casting a skill when another is busy
- Teleport will now ignore the teleported item for AI grid checks
- No combines anymore in the trade window
- Added Staff of Magus to all henchman
- Fixed rare crash when summoning
- Better feedback for item combinations
- Fixed fleeing with a summon
- Changed font color in dialogs for better readability
- Added missing people to the credits

Divinity Engine Toolkit changes

- Fixed some exceptions
- Fixed terrains not showing up when loading levels from the main game

We also posted 7 tutorial videos on the Larian forums that will help you understand the things you can do with the toolkit. More videos are incoming.
Before I forget Gorath also sent in a link to a new review from a German site called GamersGlobal.de. They gave the game a 9/10.

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont even dare to play the game yet. So many patches already, il wait another month to enjoy this marble.

- Disabled casting a skill when another is busy

This was the only bug I found to report so far.

It's come a long, long way from that first Alpha. Maybe my expectations were lowered, but it has been pretty fun.

I dont even dare to play the game yet. So many patches already, il wait another month to enjoy this marble.

Same here.I did try it for and hour and I might go play for few hours more because I can't resist but I will definitively wait for few more patches before going for full playthrough.

Well, I haven't played this new patch yet…

But an example would be Summoning a spider then casting a spell before he lands on the ground and he just doesnt appear at all but your spell went onto cooldown.

Also, if you left clicked a spell then decided you wanted to cast a different one and left clicked it instead you'd just waste both spells. What you have to do is right click to cancel first, then left click a new spell.

note: I didn't report this, its just the only thing I'd noticed worth reporting :)

i kept getting crashes in beta, still gettingcrashes

gonna just wait for a few months )

I haven't encountered any bugs yet and I've played 10+ hours.

I don't know about the bugs but loading times are really long(around 2-3 minutes) and even quick save needs a minute for me I am waiting for the to fix that.Lowering graphical settings did nothing in that regard, once loaded game does work good I had stable frame rate on highest settings.Maybe it was fixed I did try game shortly after it was released, but still I will wait for around week or two.

Well, I haven't played this new patch yet…

But an example would be Summoning a spider then casting a spell before he lands on the ground and he just doesnt appear at all but your spell went onto cooldown.

Also, if you left clicked a spell then decided you wanted to cast a different one and left clicked it instead you'd just waste both spells. What you have to do is right click to cancel first, then left click a new spell.

note: I didn't report this, its just the only thing I'd noticed worth reporting :)

Ah. thx. I thought it had something to do with cooldowns.

Bah.
I'm still playing unpatched game and so far - no bug. Dunno how many hours I'm in.

I didn't have any bugs at all - apart from some dialog entries being in English language than in German language - and the almost usual crashes during loading and saving.

I fear that I got an corrupted savegame yesterday because of that (I have already sent this savegame to the Larian support, for investigation).

I suspect that cvrashes can influence the game' cacjhe or/and the profile's cache also - probably resulting in perhaps *all* savegames not being loadable anymore of the cache iotself gets corrupted … Deleting the global & proile cache files didn't help : The game protested that it couldn't load *anything* , then …

It's a rare case, I fully admit it, but it's nevertheless nasty …

I don't know about the bugs but loading times are really long(around 2-3 minutes) and even quick save needs a minute for me I am waiting for the to fix that.Lowering graphical settings did nothing in that regard, once loaded game does work good I had stable frame rate on highest settings.Maybe it was fixed I did try game shortly after it was released, but still I will wait for around week or two.

Long loading and especially save times in D:OS normally means, is not enough ram.
Maybe this patch helped but also could try do deactivate as many background processes as possible.

Long loading and especially save times in D:OS normally means, is not enough ram.
Maybe this patch helped but also could try do deactivate as many background processes as possible.

Yeah, my loading times are perfectly reasonable, around 10-20 secs, so it's not a general problem.

10-20 secs for what exactly?

For position save/load in my case it's 1-3 secs. The game is not installed on SD but on HDD, win7 however is on SSD.

When started, till the moment the main menu is shown, it's 14 secs, just checked.

I don't think anything is slow at all. Although please do note on my rig it's GOG game, still unpatched. But this patch looks "tasty" so I'll probably finally patch it.

I often get the case that the game simply stops responding while loading or saving. I just got an "saving" screen a few minutes ago - no HD activity, nothing … but I was easily able to switch the game off via ALT + F4. The normal state is that it loads after that without any problems.

I need to look whether I've got too much background processes running, though.

Update : I just wanted to load that savegame I had tried to save a few minutes ago - it doesn't even exist !

Oh my, 1 hour of play lost ... :( This really makes me quit the game for the next hour ... :(

This needs a really good Large Font GUI MOD like it was done for Armored Princess.

+ Lightning Fast Engine!!
+ Nice art on models and world textures
+ Some fonts are big at least
+ Character creation is detailed enough to be fun

- Abysmally small fonts on Item descriptions and Character info details
- Dungeon items representation feel weird.
- Combat seems too easy even on hard.
- Feels awkward as if there is no turn-based tactical depth, probably because lack of hexes or tiles.
- No smooth camera-scroll
- Crappy particle effects
- Enemy death is weird with that exploding enemies look (I'm using mages)
- idiotic cartoony animations of enemies
- Representation of magical staff attack is new, but done in an ugly Larian-way
- mediocre voice acting

In general the game does not elicit that old gut-feeling I felt in case of Fallout. No sensation arises upon seeing Divinity's "mysterious world", all the levels seem somehow jumbled up. Art Direction is weird, nothing really caught my eye except bridges and that boat?

I haven't encountered any bugs yet and I've played 10+ hours.

Yeah same for me. So far no problems at all; but that doesn't invalidate the experiences of those who have reported problems so YMMV.

Overall I've been having a good time with it. Would very much like the character AIs to be fleshed out though since I'd rather not try to juggle both characters' personalities. Multiplayer coop is an absolute blast though - very surprising considering how painful multiplayer baldur's gate could be for example (espescially during conversation.)

It's odd that more sites haven't done reviews of it yet, unless this just means they're taking their time. I mean it has been the top selling game on steam since its release so it's not like it isn't getting a lot of attention from consumers.

Is this new patch gonna ruin our saves? If so, I'd almost rather play as-is, indefinitely.

I have only 3 GB of ram but it never seem to be the problem, D:OS is only game I had troubles with.

Back
Top Bottom