Fallout: New Vegas - Viral Marketing?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Maybe - and maybe not. But it's interesting, anyway. Omega dropped us a line about Duck and Cover noticing articles at IGN and then Joystiq about a mysterious marketing ploy. Seems several sites received an unmarked memory stick with a Word .doc and an audio file. Joystiq impressively pieced together the clues to end up at www.gknova6.com, which has some imagery that might be evocative of Fallout. Spying a Maryland (they think) postmark, they surmise Bethsoft plans something for Fallout: New Vegas soon. On the other hand, word is some Call of Duty sites also received it. *shrug* See what you think for yourself.
More information.

Has Michael Kirkbride got a new job? :p

Nice... whatever it is...

(I wish they made the games themselves as stylish)

not that it matters but I'm suprised no ones mentioned it being for Bethesdas upcoming - Brink.

There is obviously references to atom splitting in the video there and being in old style it is probably for Fallout: New Vegas. If you pay attention to the letters they are saying you might interpret it as the date November, 6th which is what it is sounding like to me.

hmmm ... if they would put that much imagination and fantasy into their dull games rather than their expensive campaigns it would please me.

Wow... if it is meant for Call of Duty then a pittfall of viral marketing is apparently that, if too vague, it might promote other games then the intended one.

Considering that there are now many reports that CoD fans and fansites have received the same package, It seem a safe bet that this is about a new CoD game, spinoff, or whatever. Good for Bethesda though, they received a lot of free advertising through this :)

Back
Top Bottom