Arcania - Now Available in Europe

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gamersgate has now blocked the sale to North America
Too bad, I was a twitch away from ordering

You are playing it good for you
Click the link and you will see the page now says October 19th and if you click the buy it says not avail in your area

Actually Game's store doesn't seem to be restricted to the UK, it seems to sell to wherever their physical store ships.

I was going to buy this, but I admit I've become hesistant based on the reviews.

I was hoping for something slightly better, and now it just seems like I would be punishing myself if I got this game.

I'd probably have fun for a bit, but then I'd start being bothered by the flaws - and eventually end up despising it for being so unable to do what such a game should be doing.

I'd probably have fun for a bit, but then I'd start being bothered by the flaws - and eventually end up despising it for being so unable to do what such a game should be doing.

But if so, you can take joy in the fact that you were right. :)

Which is why pessimism is always better than optimism. Either you'll be pleasantly surprised that things aren't as bad as you feared. Or you can happly notice that you, and not the yeeechi optimists, understood how things really are. :-D

Says pibbur, who also hesitates.

But if so, you can take joy in the fact that you were right. :)

No joy in that, sadly :(

Which is why pessimism is always better than optimism. Either you'll be pleasantly surprised that things aren't as bad as you feared. Or you can happly notice that you, and not the yeeechi optimists, understood how things really are. :-D

Hehe, there's just this lack of a "positive feeling" when you're waiting anxiously for games - getting all hyped up. I used to drown myself completely in that sensation, and I think getting burned so severely, so very often - is exactly what has made me the jaded pessimist I've become, when it comes to the entertainment industry.

Says pibbur, who also hesitates.

A wise position ;)

Anybody in the UK got a physical copy from a UK supplier? I note that most online retailers in the UK seem to have pushed the date back by a week or two.

Mine's on preorder with Amazon UK, which says the 29th. No big deal, I have a huge games backlog anyway.

On steam I think you can ask a person in the EU to gift you the game even if you're in the US, without a problem.

I saw it cheap at direct2drive, with pre-order for 25 euro. I'm wondering why, though, as it's already released so pre-order sounds strange. Maybe it's for the US, with the euro price listed, because I came from there.

This was in the middle of the Steam best-sellers screen... but has now fallen off the bottom.

This is incredibly frustrating. Why not release it in NA if you're releasing it everywhere else?!!

I pre-ordered the game on Steam before the release date was pushed back. Now that it is releasing on the same day as New Vegas, I probably won't play Arcania for weeks. By then it will be in bargain bins.

I don't think you can cancel a pre-order on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom