Heroes of a Broken Land released on steam

Kordanor

Wastelander
Just saw in the recent release list, that "Heroes of a Broken Land" was just released on steam. Did anyone play that one and got some experience to share?

Looks a little bit cheap, but that doesn't mean it cant be a good game anyways. Atm it got 4/4 good "reviews" there.

Not that there isn't tons of stuff to play already. ^^

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314470/

Classic dungeon crawler - Dungeon Master with turn based combat.
Gfx are out of the 90', but the game is fun.

Is there stuff to find, things to explore? Like in Eye of the Beholder, or lands of lore. Or is it plain dungeon after dungeon with different skins like in Grimrock for example? "Saw one, saw everything".

There are many dungeons to explore. I don't know how many - I played only a few hours, but the map looks very big.

What I meant is whether there is some story, some goodies to find.
I remember Eye of the Beholder for things like these:
1132519802-00.png

screenshot2041-2.gif

screenshot2092-2.gif

All grimrock had in these regards where some pieces of paper with notes and some texts when sleeping. To me that made the game pretty underwhelming even though the puzzles were good.

The game is an impressive achievement, but unfortunately the problem is that the procedurally generated game world gets repetitive fast since there is no variety, all dungeons are the same with extremely few to no variations. Worth checking out, but only play a small game world else you're going to get fed up. I can't envision anyone completing one of the largest game worlds, it would represent far too much tedium.

Back
Top Bottom