Grimoire - is there really hope?

He's aloive and posting OMG!

Who are you referring to, ME, or Cleve!! At my age I need that reassurance!!!! :)

Cleve of course:)

I actually played a demo for this game, oh, about 6 years ago and it was pretty good. If I had known this thing was going to evolve into such an enigma, I would have saved the file.

If I had known this thing was going to evolve into such an enigma, I would have saved the file.
That's the thing, isn't it ... there is a great buzz around this, like Duke Nukem Forever!

Yeah, but this game actually exists!!

I wish I had finished it up immediately after the last beta test, I got sidetracked onto other things. Government work pays pretty good but I think it would have been better for me to finish the game instead. I wish I had shrugged off the money and stayed on it.

I'm serious now and I'm working on it every single night, either a little or a lot. There's still a lot to do but no way is there more than 3 months of work left if I work on it at least 30 hours a month.

I don't honestly worry about whether or not I will make any money on it. I just need to finish it up because I started on it. With any luck at least I may recoup my costs so I can get started on my next game.

Having spent this much time on it, I'd really have to be crazy not to finish it up. Besides, as others have said, it's a very fun game to play irregardless if it has GL Shaders or Bloom or Translucent bumpmapped refractor particles. It's just fun. I still think so after all this time. One of the reasons I tried to put humor throughout the game was to always keep it lighthearted even in supposedly "scary" parts.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Having spent this much time on it, I'd really have to be crazy not to finish it up. Besides, as others have said, it's a very fun game to play irregardless if it has GL Shaders or Bloom or Translucent bumpmapped refractor particles. It's just fun. I still think so after all this time. One of the reasons I tried to put humor throughout the game was to always keep it lighthearted even in supposedly "scary" parts.

Thanks for contributing to this - I look forward to seeing the finished product as I have heard so much over the years in terms of legends and actual play reports!

After all this trouble I would suggest you polish it until early next year and release it on April 1st. Via Steam. :biggrin: Will get you a lot of buzz ...

Rotfl ! :D

Hey, we planned to do that on the Dot a couple of years ago!! :) We could do it here.

Cleve do you still have my phone number?

Holy Cow!

And BTW, I'd bet that there's a very good chance that the game may run under wine and either linux or x86 OSX which would be just terrific, as it'd give me another game that I could play under linux in my case...

All kinds of decent sounding indie RPGs are coming out this year! (I'm waiting for Eschalon Book I too...)

if you dont eat your meat you cant have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat?

I'm still waiting!!!!!

No, Grimoire will never be released. It's a very elaborate hoax. I've "played" the beta - it's basically far enough from being actual product that it's fair to describe it as not existing.

It's a simple rule, and game developers would do well to remember it: "Real Artists Ship."

When did you play the beta? I thought I knew everyone on the beta testing list!!

Real artists die alone and forgotten in a ditch, penniless and starving.

Businessmen then take their art, market the hell out of it, and make billions of sitting on their arse doing nothing. It's why I originally wanted to be in marketing, until what was left of my self esteem got ahold of me and said "you ain't going THAT low!"

And I still have about as much hope for this coming out as I do for Duke Nukem Forever... 3D Realms is shut down and the property in limbo (lawsuits).

Back
Top Bottom