Witcher 2 The Witcher Nexus launched

The Witcher 2

MasterKromm

Sentinel
http://www.witchernexus.com/

Dark0ne | 17:33, 24 May 2011

Welcome to The Witcher Nexus, the fifth Nexus site in the Nexus network.

So what's the story? If you're new to using a Nexus site then hi there! Nexus sites are community driven mod hosting sites that let mod authors share their mods with mod users easily, quickly and efficiently. No fuss, no waiting around. We're a community of 2.2 million mod authors and users, and counting!

I originally didn't plan on releasing a Nexus site for The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings until I could assess the interest within the community as well as the interest from CDProjekt in properly supporting their modding community with the right tools and support sites, which they've been tight-lipped about. Unfortunately it's a bit hard to assess how much help a community needs when there isn't even an official community because CDProjekt have taken down their forums for maintenance/upgrading/avoiding answering technical support from pirates/they don't care (delete as appropriate). Needless to say I think CDProjekt have dropped the ball massively on that one and I hope they realise that.

There are a growing number of modders over on the GOG forums who have already begun releasing mods for the game, however, and they're all currently using file hosting services like MediaFire and RapidShare that's far from ideal. Their job is already hard enough that they shouldn't have to worry about where to host their files and how to get the word out. That's where (hopefully) we come in. The Witcher Nexus provides a centralised location for mod authors to share their files with others.

The site is fully functional but quite bare, as you'd expect from a new game without an SDK. However I'll be doing the rounds trying to get in contact with the various Witcher mod authors out there and get the word out about the site. There's lots of stuff I need to do now "behind the scenes" and there might be things missing that you think are important. If you feel there's something missing then let me know; leave me a comment in this news article or send an email/PM my way.

If you are new to Nexus sites then please take a minute to familiarise yourself with our Terms of Service before you try to upload or post stuff here. We might be a bit different to what you're used to on the internet. Here's a few pointers:

* Only upload what is yours or what you have permission to use and distribute. This includes copyrighted work or work from other mod authors. If a mod author hasn't given you permission to upload their work then don't upload it!
* We operate a "constructive criticism" system for commenting on files. This means if you've got nothing good or productive to say about someone else's work then just don't say it, because you'll be banned very quickly.
* Don't port content from other games in to The Witcher 2 and upload that file here. This includes the original "The Witcher" game until such time as CDProjekt can give a proper ruling about this.

Apart from that welcome, and please enjoy your stay.

Back
Top Bottom