Forsaken Fortress - Release Delayed

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We have been informed that the release date of Forsaken Fortress has been pushed back from the scheduled release in this month. In asking the developers for a reply they responded with: "Right now there are bugs in the current beta build. Some serious bugs and we don't feel like releasing anything full of bugs."

As a result the game will be delayed a few weeks, but taking their reply into account: "The release date has been pushed back, simply because we need more time to polish", this might also mean it's going to be released when it is done, which would be a good position to take I guess.

More information.

Better a delayed and polished game than a rushed and bugged one…
I agree the game has a few problems to iron out. If you followed the kickstarter, and played the Beta you would know. I'm glad a few of them have finally been fixed.

Last edited:
Better a delayed and polished game than a rushed and bugged one…

My thoughts are exactly the same, although we rarely agree on things. ;)

Have any of you guys played the beta and what is your impressions on the game?

Did get the impression from the last few updates that they may have bitten off a bit more than they can chew and are cutting back on some features. Hope they stick around until they've got something worth playing. No hurry.

The idea is awesome but my impression from one of the slightly earlier builds wasn't good. It was clunky, ran poorly, and a lot of controls seemed to not work properly for some reason. Still haven't kicked the tires on the last build, will probably just wait for release and hope the polishing pays off at this point.

I'm a supporter but have not played the beta but have read the comments.

1) The developers stopped for the moment adding certain promised features until they could get some basic things working
2) There was a pathfinding problem but they say they have found the solution
3) People were complaining about the graphics and animations, saying that they didn't look like anything in the KS videos. Apparently this work was outsourced to China (in fact the developers said 95% of the game was done in China!)
4) Controls were still clunky, unresponsive

Overall, I think there is still a lot of work to do and they have admitted as much, saying this last beta "did not go very well". They still need to add locations, quests, and fix a bunch of bugs. So far of all my KS, this is the one that is most questionable, IMO.

"So far of all my KS, this is the one that is most questionable"

Yeah - in reality it sounds like they are no where near releasing a decent game and may have to bail out with something half baked.

Yea I read through the kickstarter and it all sound very promising. Sadly a lot people sound worried. I don't know much about development so I cant say if its a good or bad idea to outsource a lot of the work rather than have a close knit team. Overall I am very interested in how this project pans out.

I have been following this as well and have not downloaded the latest build but I do feel the KS was misrepresented. While reserving final judgment for the final version, I'm not impressed with the product as it stands in comparison with what was aimed for.

Back
Top Bottom