VtM: Bloodlines - Matt Chatt Retrospective

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Matt dives into Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines to share with us why this remains to be one fo the best vampire themed role playing games.

More information.

One of the best vampire themed RPG's? Which other ones would make that list??? I would say it's one of the best RPG's, theme not necessary.

Last edited:
Ditto what Tomasp3n said! What other games are there where you play as a vampire? The first Vampire: The Masquerade, Dark, and.... errr.... that's all I can think of, actually.

Some RPGMaker games have that theme (some of them quite decent, actually).
But other than that… yeah, not exactly an overused theme in games.

Wasn't there a recent indie game with the vampire theme?

You guys are forgetting Veil of Darkness, Quest for Glory 4, Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet and likely a few others.

You don't have to play as a vampire to qualify for a vampire-themed game.

That said, I completely agree that Bloodlines is fantastic RPG no matter what.

You guys are forgetting Veil of Darkness, Quest for Glory 4, Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet and likely a few others.

You don't have to play as a vampire to qualify for a vampire-themed game.

That said, I completely agree that Bloodlines is fantastic RPG no matter what.

A nice summary of games except Stone Prophet have no vampires in it only some mummies. A really bugy game, the scroll of teleportation failed to spawn at the very end so I had to replay it from the beginning. Instead I add Bloodnet to the list of vampire games.

On the topic of the Matt chat. I was disappointed that it only involved Matt playing the game and not him interviewing a person involved in the making of it. I would love to hear more about it and why someone never tried to make a similar game when so many people agree that it was a terrific game.

The game is great but 20$ for a 10 year old game seems a bit hefty max 10$ for it.

Bloodlines is easily worth every penny of $20.

Blood Omen: The Legacy of Kain
The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
BloodRayne
BloodRayne 2

One of my favorites. Great dialogue and atmosphere.

And wait a while if you want to buy it. It occasionally pops up on Steam for as low as $5.

A nice summary of games except Stone Prophet have no vampires in it only some mummies. A really bugy game, the scroll of teleportation failed to spawn at the very end so I had to replay it from the beginning. Instead I add Bloodnet to the list of vampire games.

On the topic of the Matt chat. I was disappointed that it only involved Matt playing the game and not him interviewing a person involved in the making of it. I would love to hear more about it and why someone never tried to make a similar game when so many people agree that it was a terrific game.

The game is great but 20$ for a 10 year old game seems a bit hefty max 10$ for it.

Never played Stone Prophet much, but I assumed vampires were at least part of it, since they tend to be with the Ravenloft setting.

Bloodnet is a good example, and I considered mentioning it, but I honestly couldn't recall if it was a pure adventure game or not.

I second that, except for Vampire: Redemption. There was a very solid game underneath the obviously unfinished exterior.

Back
Top Bottom