Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with its assessment. But I sure wouldn't want the site dumbed down just to appease google and mobile browsers.

I think many sites have a mobile version such as facebook.

m.facebook.com

instead of facebook.com

But some sites that shall go nameless abandoned the standard site for a mobile friendly version ONLY. I'd hate to to see that happen here. DOn't think we have the resources to create and maintain both versions. Losing the PC version just to appease google would be a terrible outcome.

But some sites that shall go nameless abandoned the standard site for a mobile friendly version ONLY. I'd hate to to see that happen here. DOn't think we have the resources to create and maintain both versions. Losing the PC version just to appease google would be a terrible outcome.

You're right about that.

If it would detract too much from the main site I'd say not to do it, but it's dangerous not to move with the times... :D
So worth considering for the management here, I think.

Yeah, it's on the list, along with lots of other things ...

That said, it won't hit us too hard I think. Until recently we didn't even follow a lot of SEO practices, really. Most people come directly to our front page or are directed here from other sites.

The trend towards mobile-friendly design is just disappointing. It's akin to vying for attention and inclusion in a 2 year old's crayon book.

For example, the new Nasa.gov site is a cumbersome joke.

Last edited:
Well, there are so many specific RPG sub-forums right now, one for Risen, one for Drakensang, one for Witchers, one for Fallout, one for Pillars …

So why now move that NWN2 sub-forum out of the off-topic into an forum of its own ?

Or, the other way round : Create an umbrella for all of these game-specific sub-forums ?

I have reported lots of spam yesterday from the Drakensang sub-forum, yet no-one is removing it. *sigh*

Seems to have been a lot of spam activity lately.

I have reported lots of spam yesterday from the Drakensang sub-forum, yet no-one is removing it. *sigh*

I noticed that as well, reported a few myself. Looks like they are gone now. Good riddance.

I usually deal with most of the spam, but as I'm away from home with limited net access I have not been able to check things as quickly.

I wonder if there's a plugin that gives functionality like Vanilla's Spam Reaction feature. If a set number of members hit the spam button, the post is removed to 'spam queue', until a moderator has time to make a final decision. Works really well to keep the forum clean - members usually shoot it down within seconds.

Gorath gets the notifications as he is moderator of that, beside him, Arhu, Jaz and I can moderate the forum.
Although it might be annoying for some time, I don't feel it is a big problem that needs fixing at the moment, as usually they are spotted fast enough.

When someone has the title "RPGWatch Donor" (or "RPGWatch Team") and also "Original Sin Donor", there's no linebreak between the two. For example, see the text below Arhu and Pladio's avatars at the top of this page.

When someone has the title "RPGWatch Donor" (or "RPGWatch Team") and also "Original Sin Donor", there's no linebreak between the two. For example, see the text below Arhu and Pladio's avatars at the top of this page.
Fixed.

I want to suggest a Genre category called 8-Bit RPG. This would describe the increasing amount of retro, low-res games we have been seeing lately in such places as even Steam, thanks in part to Kickstarter, Minecraft, and, of course, RPGMaker.

Sometimes I have been confusing these retro-style games in the main news because there are no screenshots associated with them in places such as reviews.

I think many sites have a mobile version such as facebook.

m.facebook.com

instead of facebook.com

But this is why responsive design was created. Maintaining two products is a complete chore, leads to consistency problems and conflicts within companies. It also affects their bottom line.

The biggest problem these days is just laziness. Too many companies are taking the minimalist "mobile first" attitude (I'm looking at you Chrome) and just using Bootstrap templates without modifying their websites for platforms that can and do have more complex features - such as Javascript!

Well, there are so many specific RPG sub-forums right now, one for Risen, one for Drakensang, one for Witchers, one for Fallout, one for Pillars …

So why now move that NWN2 sub-forum out of the off-topic into an forum of its own ?

Or, the other way round : Create an umbrella for all of these game-specific sub-forums ?

I'm for your other-way-around idea. I think we are getting too many game specific sub-forums. There are whole game sites dedicated to some of them such as Fallout - for example, isn't this the reason we kept Oblivion to a single thread?

Are forum notifications broken at the moment? Last notification I received was from 2 days ago.

Might be rpgwatch...or might be GMX. I received mails from other sources though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom