Planescape: Torment - Retrospective @ RPGFan

Wasn't ? Where do you have this from ?

To me it had *always* appeared that it was meant to be the "main menu".

Everything important accessible in the radial menu could be placed in the hotbars.

The radial menu was simply a way to reach pretty much EVERYTHING from a single point, which means that you can find what you need without searching through countless hidden menus that is common in other games - even if it takes a while.

To access often-used features/powers using the radial menu during play, is to not understand the point of hotbars.

I actually liked the NWN 2 interface better than NWN 1, however, I had to tweak a lot of settings, and add a mod or 2 to get it past the better line. Never liked the extremely deep NWN radial menu. Way too many mouse clicks for my liking.

Still looking for a set of compatible GUI mods that make the inventory item icons bigger. Definite eye squinter on my 1920x1200 laptop screen...

I 110% hated NWN 1's interface and it is the reason i didn't buy any of the sequels.

I have not play PST but i have watched many of the "let's play" videos in youtube and it looks somewhat boring with all those long conversations, the radial menu is much better than Arcanum's UI.

A dull article, he just basically repeats what all rpg fans all ready know.

I agree - but outside the circles of RPG fans ... ?

I was speaking for myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom