Risen 2 - Third DLC Uncovered

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We already knew from gamers digging in Steam's database that three Risen 2 DLCs were expected. After Treasue Isle and (likely) the exclusive CE in-game items it looks like the third is titled The Temple of Air, according PC Games.de (translation linked). Nothing else is known at this stage, so we'll just have to wait for more information.
Thanks, Vurt!
More information.

And finally Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver, bad decision over bad decision, convinced me to NOT buy this game.

I already didn't like some changes they made to the game to make it more appealing for the american audience (which apparently ranted like a bunch of crybabies over the fact that in Risen you could ACTUALLY DIE) but now they are pushing it.
I'm sorry but I buy original games cause I want to reap the advantages and privileges that the original copy offers (i.e. accessing multiplayer, having constant support and updates, enjoying the free DLC -when it's Valve-, etc).

When a game manage to make me feel like an IDIOT cause I'm paying for it, then it's definitely a deal breaker.
Even just thinking that I would end playing this damn game with missing parts, while pirates would play the same game with all included, it's enough to make me furious about it.

Fuck it, I'll buy the GOTY edition (every game today has a goty edition, somehow) few months later for 7,5 dollars on some Steam sale.

It's a bit early to complain, isn't it? Treasure Isle is included with preorder, we think #2 is some trinkets with the CE - so this *might* be the first pay-to-play DLC and we don't know how much, when or what it offers.

As for pirates - they always get everything for free. You either accept that as a genuine customer or you become one of them. Free is free - nothing can ever outdo that.

I already didn't like some changes they made to the game to make it more appealing for the american audience (which apparently ranted like a bunch of crybabies over the fact that in Risen you could ACTUALLY DIE) but now they are pushing it.
I'm sorry but I buy original games cause I want to reap the advantages and privileges that the original copy offers (i.e. accessing multiplayer, having constant support and updates, enjoying the free DLC -when it's Valve-, etc)..

You mean like what you're doing right now?

Why shouldn't Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver reap the benefits of DLC when every other major company in this industry is doing it?

I don't have a problem with dlc. Who am I to tell the dev's what should or shouldn't have been part of the original game.

I do wish they would start making gameplay dlc. How about dlc that adds party's with TB or RTWP combat to a game like skyrim or risen 2. One that adds 50 monsters to the game, a number of which would be high level to extend the challenge. Maybe a couple of the monsters are only found by achieving certain goals.( reach a certain level, explore a certain amount of the world, etc.). A stealth, magic or melee pack that overhauls gameplay in each area. A hardcore dlc with permanent death.

I could go on and on. I don't know how feasible some of these ideas are but I much rather that kind of dlc rather than a couple hours of more quests and a few new weapons that most dlc's provide.

Even more radical, I wouldn't mind seeing modular games. Buy the full base game then you could optionally purchase dlc's to customize the game to your liking.

You mean like what you're doing right now?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
Well, except for having a valid reason.

Why shouldn't Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver reap the benefits of DLC when every other major company in this industry is doing it?
And in fact I don't support any other company doing this shit, so I don't see a single reason to start supporting Deep Silver.
It's not like I own them anything.

I don't have a problem with dlc.
I don't have any problem with late DLC support or even expansion packs.
I have a lot of problems with a game being dissected to pieces to be sold at launch with an exploitative system.

And in fact I don't support any other company doing this shit, so I don't see a single reason to start supporting Deep Silver.
It's not like I own them anything.

Well good luck with that. I guess you won't be supporting many companies soon.

I don't have any problem with late DLC support or even expansion packs.
I have a lot of problems with a game being dissected to pieces to be sold at launch with an exploitative system.

Right, but it's too early to tell that. We don't know when Temple of Air is going to be released - all we know is a title. You're not naive enough to think that most titles don't have a DLC roadmap planned out, are you?

...which apparently ranted like a bunch of crybabies over the fact that in Risen you could ACTUALLY DIE...

I died more in the beta in just 4-5 hours than in any other game this year. Play on hard...

As for pirates - they always get everything for free. You either accept that as a genuine customer or you become one of them. Free is free - nothing can ever outdo that.

Partially true, but you can also wait a few months, and get a complete edition on sale. You can usually get the game with all the DLCs for less than half of initial price. Sometimes, much cheaper. And that is what I have decided to do with all the games where publishers take a piss and do day 1 DLC or bonus missions available only in preorder or in collectors edition. Especially when the game itself costs 50 euro. Greed should be punished.

Wish one of these database geniuses would apply their talents to figuring out what the Skyrim DLC will be.

I don't have a problem with dlc. Who am I to tell the dev's what should or shouldn't have been part of the original game.

I do wish they would start making gameplay dlc. How about dlc that adds party's with TB or RTWP combat to a game like skyrim or risen 2. One that adds 50 monsters to the game, a number of which would be high level to extend the challenge. Maybe a couple of the monsters are only found by achieving certain goals.( reach a certain level, explore a certain amount of the world, etc.). A stealth, magic or melee pack that overhauls gameplay in each area. A hardcore dlc with permanent death.

I could go on and on. I don't know how feasible some of these ideas are but I much rather that kind of dlc rather than a couple hours of more quests and a few new weapons that most dlc's provide.

Even more radical, I wouldn't mind seeing modular games. Buy the full base game then you could optionally purchase dlc's to customize the game to your liking.

You are onto something, but the "modular games" idea is something I would really hate. Given that it's genuine extra content, that would otherwise not be made, I would love to have content DLC in the form of new areas, quests, monsters etc. I think Gothic 2 did it very well, and I would love to see something similar for Skyrim and Mount & Blade.

As for Risen 2; I love PB, and for now I will trust in them making meaty DLC (and I expect the core game to be at least as big as Risen)

Release-day DLC: when buying the game isn't enough. :)

Bad habit to pick up by my favourite developers. Wish such mediocre devices was left to EA.

The episode dlc was tried but ended up a a failure. See sins and a few other games that tried this formula and failed. There are some success's but it forced developers to focus on other trends instead.

I guess having the game be in episodes works well with adventure games though since there are some pretty successful ones out there but in other genres it has mostly failed.

You are onto something, but the "modular games" idea is something I would really hate. Given that it's genuine extra content, that would otherwise not be made, I would love to have content DLC in the form of new areas, quests, monsters etc. I think Gothic 2 did it very well, and I would love to see something similar for Skyrim and Mount & Blade.

As for Risen 2; I love PB, and for now I will trust in them making meaty DLC (and I expect the core game to be at least as big as Risen)
No Gothic 2 did NOT do it well at all. It took several years before the expansion was available in english and then only through the purchase of the Gold edition of G2 meaning you had to buy the original game a second time to get it.

In fact it was this issue combined with the appalling state that Gothic 3 was released in that turned me off Piranha Bytes.

Back
Top Bottom