Spellborn - German Review @ GBase

lack of content, poor crafting, poor server populations and bugs are the main points.

Forgive my ignorance. What else is there to an MMO? Pretty bad when NOTHING about the game is redeemable.

Spellborn is not about items, so they delayed adding an auction house or anything like that. In the latest release there is a market place, which resembles an auction house. A large number of bugs has been fixed as well. I find the content not that negative and crafting is just ok, but nothing more than that. Spellborn does have a very good combat system. If you like intensive combat you will really enjoy the game.
The population of the servers really is an issue. It means you have to solo too frequently, which makes the game harder than it already is.
All in all I personally think a score of 6 is too low.

I was in the beta a while, and tbh... I didnt like Spellborn. Thats more a personal matter. The stylized graphics were totally not to my liking, and the entire system was not my thing either. I can imagine some ppl really might love it. Maybe 6 is a bit too harsh, though. But Spellborn will divide people. Some will love it, many will hate it, based more on taste. Ok my beta was half a year ago, dunno what changed or what is still bugged, but the game itself is... very different.

Also Gbase is more a kiddo oriented team, more for the hyper hyper generation, anyways. Anything not like WOW and TF2 gets -2 anyway.

EDIT: After reading the entire review I must say it does sound bad tho. A pity, once I had hoped it would be good, but now... I kinda guess the game will close in about a year, if what they say is true.

Back
Top Bottom