What games are you playing now?

I'm replaying Hearts of Iron 3 with the mod called Black ICE. After that l'll probably replay all three Witcher games , or maybe all three Dragon Age games again.

Warming up to Bioshock. Pretty interesting this one, anyone sane in this game?... reminds me of doing rounds on psychiatric ward, without the nurses and everyone packing crowbars and revolvers. :p
Just made it past the section of harvesting "Adam", decided to save the girl, get the feeling that Atlas fellow can't be trusted.

Also Metal Gear Rising...another Platinum slasher with Raiden in lead. Typical over the top ( and then some) action, chopping down helicopters and slicing everything in half. Cringe story and some dialogue, but that's expected, eh?
Overall very good( like all Pt games, first playthrough more a tutorial), not as strong( control and camera issues, mostly) as Bayo or Vanquish, but still high octane, crazy fun gameplay.

Started playing TESO over the past week or so, fun enough, was even contemplating getting the DLC but… As with most MMO's these days whilst the world looks awesome you can't really interact with it very much, it's hard to define, it all feels kind of cookie cutter. Plus, being a modern MMOs your toon can only have 6 abilities slotted at any given time and 90% of fights are over in a couple of seconds using the same abilities over and over. Every time I pick it up it ends up feeling a little dull.

So chaffing at these limits and after seeing the Skyblivion trailer I fired up Oblivion and played that for most of the weekend. Did a chunk of the Knights of the Nine quest line for the first time. Seems fairly standard so far but travelling around the map is far more interesting - so much more to do and in far more interesting ways (at least once it's nicely modded).

The streamlining of character options and game mechanics can be a determent for people like me. I can only play SWTOR in small chunks for the same reason. That's even a bit worse because you're kind of limited to what loot to aim for - eg your jedi uses one type of light sabre and nothing else. The slow small increments in gear are kind of underwhelming. TESO a little bit better in this respect but not much, there's too much loot, named items are only on par with everything else you find lying around. The stories are reasonable tho, I'll probably stick with TESO just to do the MQ (well at least eventually) and when I feel like sight seeing.

Started playing Hard West. I Kickstarted but for some reason never was motivated to play it until now... Combat is decent enough, although luck seems to be a bigger factor that with other turn-based tactics games. At least it seems to be a good game to play around Halloween with demons and all of the occult stuff...

Started playing Hard West. I Kickstarted but for some reason never was motivated to play it until now… Combat is decent enough, although luck seems to be a bigger factor that with other turn-based tactics games. At least it seems to be a good game to play around Halloween with demons and all of the occult stuff…

I've been the same way. I kickstarted it yet haven't played it.

What I'm playing at the moment is Geneforge 1 which I'm enjoying. The ambient sounds convey a lot of atmosphere ie. crowd noise and bird song even if the crowd noise could of used some more variety.

I like the exposition text, which adds some interest. Having said that its a necessity given how most npcs and buildings look very similar. Mechanically the game is very sound and I like the unique premise and writing. The game is let down a lot by simplistic graphics. I don't mind hugely but I think its a shame because if it looked like an infinity engine title it would be gaming nirvana. The UI is generally well thought out but the journal is a bit blah. I like that you can copy whatever to the journal through.

The game that shows how war is dirty, pointless and ugly in it's campaign yet puts you onto grind aka massmurdering in MMO? Can't buy such thing, sorry.

As for the best graphics, it could be it's best graphics game you saw… I'm just unsure they outmatched Lara Croft's hair.

I'm continuing my way through Wasteland 2, director's cut. I always play these games a long time after most other people have played them. And when I play them, its done in an exhaustive manner - try to explore every nook and cranny and do everything. Mainly because I only play through most of these type of games once, and don't normally replay games. So I like to try to see as much as I can.

Anyway, I am well over 100 hours into the game now, and still have some ways to go (close to 60-70% completed or so). My play style means I usually get a ton more hours out of these games than is the average for most other players.

My newest game purchase was L.A. Noire (matter of fact, I just read a comment about this game a few pages back when I browsed the recent posts in this thread today). I got it for dirt cheap during a Steam sale, and it looks right up my alley. I love crime story games, and when I briefly checked the game out, as the rpg watch poster said, the 1940s America atmosphere is really cool.

I'm continuing my way through Wasteland 2, director's cut. I always play these games a long time after most other people have played them. And when I play them, its done in an exhaustive manner - try to explore every nook and cranny and do everything. Mainly because I only play through most of these type of games once, and don't normally replay games. So I like to try to see as much as I can.

Heh, that sounds exactly like me. I do the same. I'm currently working myself through PoE, only about 5 hours in though.

So, I am having some issues with my backlog. I am in the middle of two playthroughs and I also have a massive backlog.

I did finally finish Risen and Life is Strange.

My current 'problem' is League of Legends. I am enjoying the game too much to play through my backlog.

I am in Chapter 2 of The Witcher and I am also playing This is the Police.
Maybe I'll continue those at the end of November when my wife is gone for a week :D

Maybe I'll continue those at the end of November when my wife is gone for a week :D

Lulz, I've been "playing" The Witcher for about the last 3 years! Think I'm up to chapter 3. Have already restarted once because I forgot what was happening.

Lulz, I've been "playing" The Witcher for about the last 3 years! Think I'm up to chapter 3. Have already restarted once because I forgot what was happening.

Yeah, this is my second go, but I only got into the sewers last time :D So I am already further ahead.

With Halloween coming soon I figured I could play Fatal Frame (on my PS3)... I couldn't, it's easily the scariest game I've ever played in any platform. At least not while I'm alone at night in my house, no way Jose.

The Walking Dead - Survival Instinct

This game was universally panned, but I'm going to have to step away from the crowd and say that I love it. Yes, the graphics are dated as hell. Yes, the gameplay is repetitive. Yes, the save system is infuriating at times. The AI is retarded, but theyre ZOMBIES!

And there's nothing that I've wanted to do more, since as a wee lad I first watched Dawn of the Dead with my uncle. I knew my destiny was to eradicate zombies.

And this is a zombie-killing festival. Not "infected", not possessed. There are no "super" zombies that are going to jump from a rooftop and rip your head off. There are no track star zombies. This is traditional Zombie 101.
It's a bunch of stinking, shambling, Day/Dawn/Night of the Living Dead style traditional corpses shuffling around the levels, waiting for me to dispatch them with an axe/crossbow bolt/bullet/hammer, and it's glorious.

Not everyone understands you, Survival Instinct - but I do. And you're wonderful =D

After I recently finished BioShock Remastered, I'm currently alternating between playing through BioShock 2 Remastered and replaying The Witcher 2.

BioShock 2 is a first for me. Somehow never got around to playing it, though I bought it for €4.99 in July 2011. It's really nice so far and has less technical issues than the remaster of the 1st game.

The Witcher 2 is a replay in preparation of TW3 GOTY which I finally picked up for €39.99 last week. I'm playing TW2 with uber sampling enabled this time. Finished the prologue, which was much longer than I remembered (~5 hours with rather thorough exploration), and now it's Flotsam time.

The Withcer 3 enhanced edtion, FINALLY!

I was a bit surprised so far, the graphics was not as good as I expected with everything on Ultra and maxed hair-works, but on the other hand the gameplay has been better than expected! And I much prefer it that way.

So, I am having some issues with my backlog. I am in the middle of two playthroughs and I also have a massive backlog.

I did finally finish Risen and Life is Strange.

My current 'problem' is League of Legends. I am enjoying the game too much to play through my backlog.

I understand you, I'm currently working through my backlog playing Balrum, Ember, and Halycon 6. They're all decent enough games, but I sometimes have the hollow feeling after playing them that I'd rather be replaying Pillars of Eternity with the Winter's March, or something else that I really enjoyed. This is becoming an increasing problem for me. I remember two or three years ago I probably would have been thrilled with any one of those games, but that was because I had replayed my classics so often that I was excited to get my hands on any new rpg. Now there are so many decent but not great rpgs, and so many rpgs that I feel are super and which I've only played through once that I feel pretty jaded.

Back
Top Bottom