Skyrim - First "In-Game Look" Coming

The point isn't what they think now but what they promote BEFORE anything of the game was released.

Dart doesn't seem to get it, not a shock here huh? I was refering to what was said about gothic 3 before it was released…and it was on rpgdot, kinda hard to prove now;)

Dart doesn't seem to get it, not a shock here huh? I was refering to what was said about gothic 3 before it was released…and it was on rpgdot, kinda hard to prove now;)

Do you even read anything before you reply?

Won't would be the right word.

Um, you have proven in the past that you don't. So don't works, as well as won't I guess...enough though, this thread isn't about you.

*END DART SECTION*

So, after playing the witcher on max everything on the wife's computer I have decided that I will take it over in preperation for dragon age 2/skyrim/witcher 2/maybe risen 2 if this year oh and guild wars 2(this is looking quite excellant.)

One thing for sure about this year, lots of fun to be had by those that play games for entertainment.

Does anyone know if they are sticking with skill improvement by use, or will it be more like Fallout 3 with selection of skill increases at level ups?

I'll answer my own question. :p

According to Desslock's column in the latest PC Gamer, Skyrim will continue the tradition of improving skills by use.

Since they removed classes, that means there are no major skills, I would assume. How do they determine when you level up? Is it triggered by the summed delta in ALL skills since last level up?

That would fix a character progression / enemy scaling problem, where to actually make progress against the level scaling you could put all your most used skills as minor skills and delay level ups.

Hopefully they'll get rid of enemy scaling altogether, but probably the best we can hope for is improved scaling...

I'll answer my own question. :p

Since they removed classes, that means there are no major skills, I would assume. How do they determine when you level up? Is it triggered by the summed delta in ALL skills since last level up?

The major skills have been replaced by your "highest" skills. All skill raise contribute to character levelling, but the higher skills raise make you level faster.

At least, that's how I understood GameInformer information.

That would fix a character progression / enemy scaling problem, where to actually make progress against the level scaling you could put all your most used skills as minor skills and delay level ups.

Hopefully they'll get rid of enemy scaling altogether, but probably the best we can hope for is improved scaling…

Enemy scaling is similar to Fallout 3 and we get dungeons with level range too. Also, the game keep track of all skills/level/friends and will try to adapt quests to the player (how well that will work is another story).

The level scaling in FO3 was tolerable, especially compared to Oblivion. Hopefully they'll scale it back (no pun intended) even more for Skyrim.

No classes though? I'm a bit surprised by that news…

Interesting that a "class" is freeform and determined dynamically, sort of, by the skills that are the highest. I wonder if they will have the perks based on skill levels (like Oblivion) or picked by the player at level ups (ala the Fallouts)?

Back
Top Bottom