Scorpia

Bargeral

Who watches the Watcher?
Those of you old timers that remember Scopria will be glad to know that she's back. Scorpia.com has been updated and has a growing community. She even reads the watch!

Also she has given an interview that can be read over at rampantgames: http://www.rampantgames.com/blog/2006/10/scorpias-new-tale-interview-with-one.html
Very interesting if you have no idea who she is or are wondering what she's been up to since here departure form CGW. You know, back when the mag was worth reading.

Now go play. :biggrin:

Scorpia irritated the piss out of me. She had a great column in CGW, but thought she was the goddess of the budding internet and wanted everyone to pay to read her thoughts and insights. Ludicrous! She was entertaining, but no better than Corwin, Dhruin, Desslock, etc. No reason to pay to read her little pieces. When I found out she was charging for her online stuff, I canceled my subscription to CGW. I just read her articles for free, standing inside of Waldenbooks :)

She's a good writer, but also an arrogant little fetcher. I'm sorry but I'll never pay to read someone's opinion about other people's work.

Hmm, this is one of those posts that I've had to rewrite like five times, so I'll just put it out and see what happens:

crpgnut, I'm surprised at the vehemence in your post. It was quite a while ago now, and the current site is free for all. I suggest you let bygones be bygones and give the site I spin. Scorp is really a very nice person (IMHO) and very helpful. Lots of sites tired the subscription model back then, not just Scorp. Most of them died a bitter and slow death. Mostly I think nobody knew how to build a profitable site and there were lots of different ideas.

Anyway, my .02.

Back
Top Bottom