The NEW NWN Team Corwin Thread

We are now taking a 2 week hiatus, (if it's good enough for TV shows, then it's good enough for us!!) so we'll be back online Jan 5th at the usual time. We've only just begun a new mod, so come and join us. After we finish this one, we're hopeful there will be something worth playing out from the NWN2 modding community!!

Im downloading all the haks and things now, so all thats left is to install Skype and NWN at the new computer.

And about hosting from behind a router, I hosted a game yesterday and all i had to do was to accept port: 5121 (port forwarding) in the router settings

The problem I have with my router is that I don't find anywhere where I can set port forwarding. The router is quite old (3+ years) so I wonder if they called it something else.

I can setup NWN or NWN2 so it is shown in Gamespy, but everyone trying to logon is getting a time out error message. I have no idea why.

I have a Linksys and can't work out how to do port forwarding either!!

Im not a 100% sure but I think you should be able to access the router by typing your routers IP in an IExplorer window, right click and check the status of your local area network connection and look at the DHCP-Server IP (that shoul be your router) I think that the most common IP is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
not sure it will work but maybe =) Good luck!

I might check by when you start on NWN2. :)

Im not a 100% sure but I think you should be able to access the router by typing your routers IP in an IExplorer window, right click and check the status of your local area network connection and look at the DHCP-Server IP (that shoul be your router) I think that the most common IP is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
not sure it will work but maybe =) Good luck!

I don't have/use IE and how do I learn my routers IP? Then what do I do?? I'm even more confused!! :)

JemyM we could use some new players now if you wish. As you can see Corwin is pretty much useless once he finds the on/off switch on his computer. Muhahahaha ;)

I don't have/use IE and how do I learn my routers IP? Then what do I do?? I'm even more confused!! :)

if you dont use IE i take it that you use firefox or similar, and thats just fine.
and your router IP you can get by right-clicking on your Local Area Network connection under "show network connections", (or something similar, im running a swedish version of windows) and select "Status".

In here flip over to the "Support" tab and press the information button, now you should ba able to see your routers IP-adress next to "DHCP-server" and thats the IP you should simply write in the adress field of your internet browser.
if you still can´t figure it out I think me or Peter can help you over skype tomorrow. =)

And about the game tomorrow, what classes where you all playing? planning on making another rogue or maybe some spell-caster. and the lvl of the character was 21?

Thanks, I'll look for it, but even knowing the IP for the router, how do you do the port forwarding stuff?

Level is 27. We are VERY light on with casting. We just bash doors and walk through traps!! :)

Which Linksys router do you have?

I propose you read the following WEB site:
www.portforward.com

First you need to setup a static internal IP address within your computer LAN. Follow this link to learn all you need to make it work properly:
http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

This is the link to where you can find your router and see how you setup your router for port forwarding:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Scroll down and click on the link for the Linksys router name you have. Then a new page will appear. Scroll down here and click on Neverwinter Nights or Neverwinter Nights 2. Follow the instructions you see from the page that appears.

I hope this makes it possible for you to host our NWN games. Unfortunately I can't find my router in the list so I don't get any clues to how I can setup port forwarding. I tried to connect directly to the internet without a router and then I can host without any problems so I know my router is the problem. I tried to setup my router as a DMZ to my computer internal static IP address, but to no avail.

You can do this easily this way:

1. Click on your Windows Start button in the lower left corner
2. Select Run
3. Type cmd or command to open a DOS window
4. write the following text and hit enter: ipconfig /all
5. Then you will see some lines with data like this:

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-02-42-C8-AF
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 5. januar 2007 00:56:44
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 8. januar 2007 00:56:44

This is the example for my laptop wireless computer. You will have something similar for your network card for your desktop computer.

Here you see that dhcp Enabled is set to yes which means that my laptop receives a dynamic internal ip address.

You can also read the computer internal LAN IP address from the text IP Address. Mine is 192.168.2.2

The text Default Gateway will tell you the IP address you need to contact your router. Mine is 192.168.2.1

Write down your Default Gateway address and start your WEB browser. Write in the Address line of the browser the following text and hit enter:
http://<your Default Gateway>
Mine is: http://192.168.2.1

Also notice the text for Subnet Mask. You will need it to setup your static internal LAN IP address. Mine is: 255.255.255.0

Also important to setup a static IP address is the address to the external WAN DNS server. This is not shown properly above because it shows only the internal DNS server. But you can find this value inside the router status when you open the WEB site address for the router to configure it. Just look at the text I sent you about port forwarding. If you still can't find it you can always find it by calling your ISP.

Good luck in trying and don't forget to tell how it went. :)

A level 27 caster would be of more assistance!! :)

Well, thanks to spending a couple of hours with Peter over Skype, we have now set up my router to allow hosting of NWN sessions. We will most likely switch back to that, so we shouldn't need to use Hamachi, unless GS has problems etc. So, you'll find the game running under Alternative and surprise, surprise, it's Corwin's server!! :) Skype is still in use until someone comes up with something which is both better and as easy to setup/use!!

There are still no complete NWN2 mods available, so we're continuing with the Aielund Saga part 3. Grab your Haks and join in. You won't believe just how much trouble one Grandma can get into!! :biggrin:

we could try using Ventrilo for one session insted of Skype and see how it works, mainly because theres a push-to-talk button. it can be quite noisy over here sometimes so then I wouldn't have to use the on/off buffon on the mic to keep your ears form getting blown out

Tax, we usually have trouble hearing you, and the last thing I need in a game is having to push a talk button while fighting a group of monsters and calling for backup!! :)

you can choose if you want to use the Push-to-talk function or not, and there's also an inbound / outbound setting so you guys should be able to hear me normally. im using Ventrilo when I play with my friends and in our KnightsOnline clan, everyone can hear me perfectly there so it might be worth a shot.
and Ventrilo uses less RAM ;)

Post a link and we can all have a look at it. I know nothing about it!!

ok here is the link to Ventrilo's homepage
all you need is the latest client and the one thats gonna host it needs the server, I can host but the wireless router i abit tricky still so im not sure how it would work.

Back
Top Bottom