Sui Generis - Prelude Alpha Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bare Mettle Entertainment has finally released the Prelude Alpha of Sui Generis on their website, and posted a new kickstarter update with more information.

Prelude Alpha Release

The first prelude alpha is now available from our website. For those of you who haven't caught on yet, the prelude is named Exanima. If you have alpha access then go grab it and then come to our forum and tell us what you think. You're our first testers so this first release is still under NDA until we've dealt with eventual major issues, please keep this in mind!

So, we've somehow overcome the huge ordeal of developing all the functionality and technology needed for a fairly complete playable experience. It may even appear very complete and polished but don't forget this is only the first alpha, there are many features and improvements to come for both Exanima and Sui Generis. This is happening very quickly now that we've gotten the really big and difficult stuff done. Some of the features we have not completed yet will obviously have a massive effect on the game, such as character advancement and thaumaturgy but we have been focusing on things that we believe present the biggest technical challenges and making sure we get them right. Even so we believe this alpha is very enjoyable and that we've already largely succeeded in providing the kind of atmosphere and experience we're aiming for.

This alpha is fairly short and doesn't have a proper conclusion, that's because it's the earliest part of the prelude. Once we've gone through some initial testing and completed the most urgent features and improvements we'll be opening up more of the prelude and then going into beta. The first full release should be close behind. Don't underestimate the volume of content though, you will have to be quite thorough to discover everything and all doors except the big double metal ones can be unlocked.
More information.

Last edited:
Awesome thank you CP. I've been stoked for this for some time but also am happy to be patient to let them create the game they have dreamed.

Would like to read reviews for this alpha! :)

I tried if for about 5 minutes...so not a review ;-) Combat seems less clumsy than the combat demo, but the camera can make it really awkward. Camera seems to pitch up a lot (of its own accord) and trying to smack things becomes harder since guiding the mouse is less intuitive. I just want a regular over the shoulder camera view....I need to spend more time with it, but not sure when I'll get that chance.

One of the most ambitious kickstarter projects.. The game is shaping up really nicely :)

Still totally clueless about the story and what the game is about, but they are really good at designing locations and gameplay. Plus the game is quite gorgeous to look at.

I'm still in wait and see -mode though.

Still totally clueless about the story and what the game is about,
Same here.
but they are really good at designing locations and gameplay. Plus the game is quite gorgeous to look at.
Right, if they manage to make a decent game with their nice engine and combat, it might be a thing.

Haven't tried the prelude myself yet, but the feedback on the internal forums are mostly very positive. Of course we're all fanboys over there… :) I hope I can give it a spin soon.

I'm not sure if I'm a alpha level backer or not. I'll have to find my pledge.....

Back
Top Bottom