The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

So I should rather take away my fire spells from m Wizard ? Oh, my, I had hoped to let him become a "Fire-Wizard" ! :(

*sigh*

Friday is looking a bit iffy with JM possibly out and several needing to leave early. So do we want to plan an alt run so Alrik and Sherwin can join in as well? Could do some catch-up quests they may have need of?

I need to take a closer look, but I believe the "short timers" have all run Hiding in Plain Sight. Perhaps the rest of us make that quest up and then swap over to other toons for a catch-as-catch-can.

All of my toons are now around level 10-12, except my Ranger.

We could try a Mabar run, supposed it is still active, then.

Friday is iffy, but I will try to make it, might be on later in the evening after 8pm PST. I really want to thank you azraelck for that very helpful and informative post. I suppose it was a bad idea to put all my eggs into the fire bucket. I did switch out a heroism spell for lightning bolt and with maximize on it works fairly well on most monsters and particularly well on blackbone...no need to fire off 10+ magic missile spells, 3 does the job well. I still prefer my fireball spell when lots of enemies are gathered together and firewall is sometimes a hit or miss as when I throw it out there it sometimes is far away from creatures...not sure why that is, maybe my aim is off. I was hoping to have a nuker sorcerer but I see quite a few sorcerers using spells like Mass Charm and that disco ball. Fairly interesting tactic but I rather kill quickly.

My normal routine is to cast stone skin, greater heroism and haste as my buffs and start nuking away but at these higher levels the monsters are fairly resistant and get in close range and hit hard. My AC is 20+2 so I go down rather quick. I need to change my approach at this point. Level 12 so far but fairly close to 14 XP wise. Curious what other Sorcs/Wizards use at this level armour/weapons to help bump their AC. Appreciate the help the guild is offering, especially the advice!

Phuury did fine as a firebug thru level 15 or so. Like Az said, it's really not until you hit the Vale that lots of the critters start getting significant fire resistance. You've got time and it's fairly easy and cheap (~1000plat) to redo your enhancements once you get to a point where fire starts to fizzle.

Targetting spells is always a bit of an adventure, so don't feel bad. After 20 levels on Phuury, I still can't consistently put area spells like firewall and acid rain where I want them. The most reliable technique (and there's only a limited number of situations where this is practical) is to stand where you want it and look down. Putting a monster in your targetting orb to center the spell usually works, but it's definitely not 100% and seems to go wonky when you can least afford it because DDO hates us.

Armor class is pretty pointless for a caster. You'll never get it to a value where it really matters. I learned very early on (and with my usual play style plus Phuury being a barbarian in his first life, it was a tough lesson) in various painful manners that your best defense is running, screaming like a schoolgirl. You should definitely add Blur to your spell list if you can manage it—the added chance for critters to miss is worth its weight in gold. Displacement is even better for the same reason, but it doesn't last very long.

Tale for you: I think part 3 of STK is bugged. Trev and I were running it with our level 4's on elite. In part 3 there are a ton of traps; I have 90 HP and ONE (of 4 ) acid trap jets was doing at least 120 damage. Then there was a ladder with 4 fire jet traps on it with each doing at least 160 damage. There were NO spot dangers. Anyway, I got a level 6 gold seal rogue for this level 4 quest and guess how many trap boxes it was able to find in the entire dungeon? Yes, 0, ZERO, nada, nothing!!!!! Still with 7 deaths and no trap bonuses, we still got 7.5k xp and well over 20k for the chain using our patented guild technique!! :)

Sorry, but STK is what ?

Unrelated : If anyone wants to go into Mabar with 20-25 level chars, then you'd better read this announcement : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=396967

Mabar has been extended :

Start The Mabar Endless Night Festivities!
October 30 - November 12

Coming with Update 16 (Netherese Legacy) : http://www.ddo.com/ddostorecomingsoon/ddostoreu16

New DDO store sales : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

New Free item of the week

November 2-8
Lesser Crafting Experience Elixir
Use Coupon Code LCEE010
1 / Account

Discounts : 20 % off of armor kits (only some, not all), hats, helmets, weapons and armor (what's a "Festival Luck Charm" that's said to be able to be applied on armor ?).

35 % off the "Reign Of Madness" pack.

Shan-To-Kor, also known as the hobgoblin slog from hell, and one of my 3 most hated quests.

Thanks. Didn't know that.

Well, I must say that I don't run Shan-To-Kor very often as well, but as a "speedrun" it can become some sort of fun if you have good party members.

@ Corwin and anyone needing to know............I had same issue with goldseal rogue.....the trick turned out to be to have them search and as soon as they finished......not finding anything of course.......hit their use function key. Most of the time they would disable the trap even though they did not search out the box like normal.
Granted it helped that someone in the group knew where the traps were. Otherwise it will most likely be a waste unless you have a member with spot.

Displacement, I see. I was just forced to take level 13 and completely missed that spell. I will have to switch to it from a different spell at that level. I also finally hit Veteran Status. I don't see anything after that in the favor list as F2P. I wonder if that's the end.

All up and running now, see y'all in a bit.

All F2P quests are listed here : http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Free_to_Play_quests

In the Harbour, not far away from the Harbourmaster, there's the level 12 (?) quest called "Invaders !", which seems to contain Beholders, too.

And then there are - of course - the Cannith Enclave Challenges, too.

Mired In Kobolds is also level 13, it can be found in The Twelve.
It's end fight is quite difficult, imho. (Don't want to spoil it. ;) )

There are a few more quests to be found in The Twelve ("Delirium", level 15, extremely difficult, imho, and "Acit Wit", also level 15).

Edit : I just found out that "In The Demon's Den" is F2P as well, and it can be found in the Inspired Quarter (entrance close to Kobold Assault quest giver).

More in the Mabar schedule : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=397078

Mabar Schedule
Greetings! Our engineers are very close to determining the root cause of the "too low level" spawn issue, as well as the performance issue with Epic Skeletons. Due to these issues, the Festival will end on Tuesday evening, November 6th. We'd like to weather the weekend to give people a chance to earn motes and upgrade items while our engineers keep working. The Epic Skeleton spawn rate will unfortunately remain low for the remainder of the festival.

Once we have our fixes in place, we will patch the festival during Update 16 on November 12th. With the updates applied, there will be an encore of the festival closer to the Thanksgiving holiday - while pumpkins are still fashionable before Festivult time rolls into town. We apologize for the inconvenience, and look forward to bringing Mabar back with the corrections.

Also a huge thank you to all players who submitted detailed bug reports, which have been invaluable to helping our team identify root cause of the spawn issue!

Which is very sad, because I wanted to see it all with enhanced view of the new graphics card I plan to buy for my birthday (which is a few days later) !

When is THanksgiving ? We don't have that here in Germany. What's close to that - in spirit - is the German "Erntedank Fest". Here in Germany it is usually at the end of SEptember and early October, dates vary.

Wikipedia says : "22. November 2012"

I'm not sure if you can enter the Inspired Quarter as a F2P. However, I will say this: Into the Demon's Den is possibly one of the most difficult quest in the game. If not THE most difficult. And that's on normal. It gets worse on Elite.

Since a few Updates ago it can be accessed freely (read : as F2P). However, you can't get quests there (seemingly except this one).

But still : There are a few shops there, a Pawn shop, I think, as well, and a small tavern.

Back
Top Bottom