Alien: Covenant

D

DArtagnan

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

I wasn't impressed by The Martian. I mean, it was ok and definitely his best film in several years, but that's about it.

Prometheus was just dreck.

I adore the potential of the Alien franchise - and I think there's still something to be found if the right people helmed it.

However, I can't find a reason to be excited about this.

Can someone help? :(

Eh? They changed the title again? I thought it was supposed to be Alien: Paradise Lost or something like that.

They apparently pushed Alien 5 back because of this movie.

Yup, changed the title again.

I don't have much hope for Alien 5 either, but I would rather have seen that sooner, as it holds slightly more potential.

Knowing Hollywood, they can easily change their minds about making another one if this one doesn't do well - and the director might not care to do it in a few years.

So Naomi didn't survive after all ? what a pity.. she was the only remotely good thing about the PROMETHEUS movie.

I thought all the characters were pretty bad in Prometheus. Fassbender is a great actor - but his actions made just about as little sense as those of the others.

I can't think of a single redeeming feature about the film, given its legacy.

Well, ok, it looked good if we ignore the actual aliens. Sadly, the aliens looked terrible.

Back
Top Bottom