Van Helsing - Blue Blood DLC Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Neocore has released a DLC called Blue Blood for The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. It's available on Steam for $1.99.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Blue Blood DLC Now Available on PC

Budapest, Hungary – June 27, 2013 – Esteemed indie developer NeocoreGames today announced that The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing’s second DLC, Blue Blood, is now available worldwide for $1.99 on Windows® PC via Steam. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is a gothic-noir steampunk action-RPG that offers dynamic single-player and cooperative play.

Blue Blood enables players to turn their female ghost companion Lady Katarina into a more efficient monster hunter by introducing a new accessory that opens up a new skill tree. Eight brand new skills are now available to Katarina including Wraith Frenzy that boosts her attack rate and Chillwave, which creates an aura that will decrease enemy movement, attack, and casting speeds. She also has new abilities such as summoning two ghost mirages of herself to fight alongside Van Helsing and the chance for Katarina to earn hit points for each Rage point spent. Please note that Blue Blood requires a Steam version of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

In the meantime, the development team rolled out new expansions to Scenario Mode as well, including a new system of rewards for killing monsters and two new scenarios within the Croakwood and The Rookery. The new reward system allows players to gain Glory points for killing monsters, which then can be spent on bonuses in several areas among all in-game characters a player has created.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, released May 22, pits players in fierce battles against familiar supernatural foes in a one-of-a-kind action-RPG. Following the journey of Van Helsing, son of the famed vampire hunter, players can partake in an immersive cooperative multiplayer or single player campaign to watch the engrossing dark storyline unfold. A tale wrought with wry humor and snappy dialogue, the dark adventure presents larger-than-life obstacles to overcome yet delivers a romantic charm of the fantastical 19th century Europe.

More information.

This is a great game. Delivered all they promised and then some.The developers also listen and take care of any issues and bugs. That being said, I gotta admit being charged to simply upgrade Katarinas skills seems, I don't know, like BS. I certainly don't mind paying for extra content, areas, etc. I know it's not a lot of money, but charging for this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ice is completely right.
I've preordered the game, betatest it, was really happy when they've added some stuff for free later, but this is BS. No matter how cheap it is, I'm not buying.

DLC has officially gotten out of control, in my opinion. I just bought some admittedly limited DLC for Fallen Enchantress, but I like that game, so I guess it depends where you draw the line. I draw the line at abilities that should be simply part of the original game. What's next for RPGs? Our characters will come without arms? Buy our Day 1 DLC. Only $2.99 to be able to swing a sword! Only $2.99 will unlock your character's left arm, granting the useful ability to wield a shield! $4.99 unlocks your character's feet, allowing you to explore 10 hours of content in our initial release. (Four additional content packs sold for $9.99 each are planned, which will add an estimated 10 hours each of exploration to our unique fantasy continent.)

Anyone see the release of Company of Heroes 2 on Steam? Crazy….

CoH2 had like 30 Day 1 DLC, all of which bring the price of the game up to $90 or thereabouts. Many were skins for tanks and the like, but they also included tactics your commanders could use.

LVH was pretty good value and they deserve some extra cash. And Stardock have been exemplary in supporting their existing users, they do too. COH2 DLC does look exploitative though, probably wait on that one if it turns out to be something I want to play.

Its 2 bucks. Really, not a big deal for that price.

If it was 20 bucks, i could understand outrage - but 2.00? For how cool the dev is, not a big deal.

i sneeze and a little guy comes out a hole in my wall and grabs 2 bucks out of my wallet.

Even if it was 0.02, I won't buy.

I haven't purchased Van Helsing - is this DLC in the same league as the much-maligned Horse Armor DLC for $2.50 way back when?

Why complain about a dlc for a game that is cheap to buy and also has already given away content for free. Would you have complained if the free content they gave out was instead included in this dlc since then it would have included content and new abilities all for $1.99.

PS. The dlc for Company of Heroes 2 does sound pretty bad and could be one of the worst examples of games with dlc.

Why complain about a dlc for a game that is cheap to buy and also has already given away content for free. Would you have complained if the free content they gave out was instead included in this dlc since then it would have included content and new abilities all for $1.99.

PS. The dlc for Company of Heroes 2 does sound pretty bad and could be one of the worst examples of games with dlc.

The point is, yes, they HAVE already given away content for free. So why are they charging for the privilege of simply upgrading Katarina? If you don't have an issue with it, that's fine. I do. It just seems to go against everything they have done so far. That's all.

DLC is one of the only ways games companies can make money given digital distribution. Games take several years to make and then a few months after launch they get discounted by 75%, sometimes more on Steam and other channels. That's very different to making anything physical, such as lawn mowers. So it just makes sense to have something that keeps sales alive over a longer period. As consumers we need to be able to distinguish between responsible DLC that offers some value, isn't too frequent etc. and abusive DLC released in tiny bundles on launch etc. And we want games companies to be viable don't we?

The DLC for Company of Heroes 2 does give you a better tank commander than what you get with the game for use in multiplayer from what I hear. It's pay to win essentially.

And Stardock have been exemplary in supporting their existing users, they do too.

I hear that. And that's really why I got both DLC for FE:Legendary Heroes. I really dont have the time to make good use of the map pack at the least, but I wanted to throw them some cash. They've really gone the extra mile and made FE into a good game, treating their customers with respect along the way. Stardock does deserve support, as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom