Starbase Orion 4X space strategy for iDevices

zakhal

SasqWatch
This is one of the reasons I bought ipad and the release is now on wednesday!
The vision for Starbase Orion: to retain the classic turn-based gameplay of MOO2 while embracing the simplicity and multiplayer experience of these great games. Sure, there have been (and will be) some hard choices and tough design decisions to make this happen, but I am already very excited with the results. Hopefully you will be too!
Official Release Date Announced
PostDateIcon October 9th, 2011 | PostAuthorIcon Author: rocco

Starbase Orion has passed review by Apple, and will be available in the AppStore alongside iOS 5 this Wednesday, October 12, 2011.

It has been a long road for Starbase Orion, and I am extremely excited for everyone to get a chance conquer our galaxy later this week!

In appreciation of all of the fans that have been following the development of Starbase Orion, the game will be available starting on release day at a reduced price of $4.99 USD. After the sale Starbase Orion will revert to its normal price of $7.99 USD.

Stay tuned for more posts and news leading up to Wednesday.
http://www.chimerasw.com/starbaseorion/

Some ingame pics:

screen8.png

screen3.png

screen6.png

screen1.png

“Other space strategy games desire to become a worthy competitor to the genre-defining title, Master of Orion.” said Rocco Bowling, founder of Chimera Software. “Starbase Orion is no exception. It has been designed to provide a classic 4X TBS experience suitable for the modern day enthusiast; someone who desires a robust single player experience and rewarding player-vs-player (PvP) action.”

* Built for iOS 5: Asynchronous Games with GameCenter, Universal Binary, Retina Display, Multitasking.
* Glorious Space Battles: Watch your fleets duke it out each turn with a fully animated and controllable combat system.
* Customizable Races: Choose from one of five existing races to play, or make you own by picking and choosing from a variety of race attributes.
* Customizable Ships: Starbase Orion includes a complete ship designer which allows you to design your ship weapons and systems.
* Premiere PvP Experience: Playing a competitive strategy game has never been this easy.
o Balanced random galaxy generation
o Hassle-free automated game matching
* Battle-hardened AI: We battle tested the fleet management AI for Starbase Orion in the Google AI Challenge 2010. Our AI ranked 698 among thousands of competing bots; it has played hundreds of matches and is ready to give Starbase Orion players a challenge.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=100248

Not bad for an iThing, but I'm drooling over the new Sword of the Stars game. How many days until "Q4"??

Not bad for an iThing, but I'm drooling over the new Sword of the Stars game. How many days until "Q4"??
Last they said release is 28 this month but dont hold your breth. They just started to ask people for open beta.

This fall Im waiting for three 4x games aka this orion, sots2 and new distant worlds expansion.

Last edited:
So how is Starbase Orion doing?

Back
Top Bottom