Risen 1 + 2...75% off

Gothic 2 obviously! those graphics aren't getting any younger ;)

Haha, yeah - good point.

That's what I'm leaning towards as well.

Any tips for the "most fun" way to play in terms of skills/faction?

Hmm, personally I like them all but I am leaning towards Firemage as the most satisfying.

There is a very significant problem though with the balance and difficulty of NOTR making the early game pretty difficult for Firemage and making it relatively easy to gimp a build if you don't focus it correctly (Do a bit of warrior on the start to get you by up until 1st lvl of 1-handed sword i.e and save up LPs for when you get accepted etc.). I like fooling around on the Gothics playing hunter and even smith early on (and definitely getting a bit of fighter in there too) so I almost gimped my first run through it and had to go to some pretty silly extremes to pass a few hurdles before getting it back on track :)

I believe the most accessible and straightforward build is the Paladin and its pretty satisfying to play. Twohanders and crossbows make for a good Tank combination. Story wise the Dragonslayers might be just a mite more fun and you can craft some pretty cool weapons too. Hmm its damn hard to choose between those two. I completed the game with all three factions and would not have it any other way :)

Hmm, personally I like them all but I am leaning towards Firemage as the most satisfying.

There is a very significant problem though with the balance and difficulty of NOTR making the early game pretty difficult for Firemage and making it relatively easy to gimp a build if you don't focus it correctly (Do a bit of warrior on the start to get you by up until 1st lvl of 1-handed sword i.e and save up LPs for when you get accepted etc.). I like fooling around on the Gothics playing hunter and even smith early on (and definitely getting a bit of fighter in there too) so I almost gimped my first run through it and had to go to some pretty silly extremes to pass a few hurdles before getting it back on track :)

I believe the most accessible and straightforward build is the Paladin and its pretty satisfying to play. Twohanders and crossbows make for a good Tank combination. Story wise the Dragonslayers might be just a mite more fun and you can craft some pretty cool weapons too. Hmm its damn hard to choose between those two. I completed the game with all three factions and would not have it any other way :)

Hehe, you're not making it any easier ;)

Well, I rarely play a mage in any game - but I believe Gothic has some cool polymorph spells and what not. That's usually quite fun.

I think I've played up until the G1 area on at least 3 separate occasions - all going for the Paladin.

Maybe the Dragonslayers is the way to try.... Hmmmmm!

I believe it is a pretty good choice if you are only going though the game once.

I prefer playing warriors (or hunter/warriors ) myself (especially when I like the combat system as in the Gothics), but I love the "Magic as a monastic order" bits that PB puts in their games and the magic system of the Gothics pretty much, so Mage holds a special place in my heart there.

I believe it is a pretty good choice if you are only going though the game once.

I prefer playing warriors (or hunter/warriors ) myself (especially when I like the combat system as in the Gothics), but I love the "Magic as a monastic order" bits that PB puts in their games and the magic system of the Gothics pretty much, so Mage holds a special place in my heart there.

I think I'll go Dragonslayer then :)

Thanks for the breakdown, Dart!

I'm itching to get back into Gothic (it's the first time I ever played it and I'm thoroughly impressed), but I have other games I have to play first. Same with this Risen bundle. I have to play through Risen first (I only logged about 15 hours in the game before Skyrim came out) and then Risen 2.

So many games, so little time!

You guys are making me want to play G2 again…
Did the bug on NOTR get fixed where the Water mages get their items in the wrong order or something ?

No idea. Haven't had that one on the game on 4 playthroughs though...

There are some additional fixes in the ironkeep patch I linked above but I don't see that in the release notes.

Oh, btw the iron keep patch contains some optional rebalances that you can choose not to install. I personally never installed them myself...

FYI the latest version of the G2 IronKeep CP is 2.4.

What mods should I use for Risen 2? Any suggestions?
I would download Risen 2 Mod Starter. Once you install it you can check all the mods that are available. With a simple click you can choose which ones to download, and install .

Risen2mds_600.jpg

Link-http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1147645-RELEASE-Risen-2-ModStarter-v-2-0-%28Online-DB-version%29

Thanks, Potato. I'm doing that now.

Any suggestions for which mods are "must haves"?

You know, I don't think I've played through G2 with NOTR. I'll grab the mods listed here and give it a shot. Thanks chaps!

Enjoyed Risen 2 but don't forget those god awful QTEs. Jesus this fad needs to go.

By the way I have just started replaying Gothic 2 NotR and I didn't bother with any texture packs or anything. I honestly think it retains a certain charm. PB have always been fantastic at world design imo. Anyway I did install this - http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1234950-My-own-G2NotR-English-patch - which is bug fixes only and quite handy since the community patch seems to have more than just fixes.

Back
Top Bottom