Votes: 38 40.4%
  • I Hope It'll Be Good

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • I Definitely Have Doubts

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • It will Utterly Fail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That GMG deal is tempting, but the downside of GMG is that sometimes you don't get the key until the day of release which prevents you from being able to preload and play right away.

You might be interested in this,

"The Witcher 3 studio alleges Green Man Gaming pre-order keys are unauthorized"

http://www.shacknews.com/article/89...gaming-pre-order-keys-are-unauthorized-update

Edit: Another link to this story,

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-39-codes-legitimate-despite-dev-accusati/1100-6427149/

Looks like bit of dick move by CDPR. Why not let GMG sell the game? After all it seems that GMG are selling the game at a loss or no proft.

GMG keys are always legit.
Keys source however, since CDpr says it's not them, and since the game is not regionlocked… Impossible to know. :)
Especially when it says "other DRM" at the top right corner on GMG offer.

I don't care for this fuss anyway. Preordered the game very first day on GOG, some people will now pay a bit less on other online stores, great for them, I just didn't want to wait nor would do anything different today.

The actual problem here, and always, are these so called regions that still exist for TV shows, movies and games although music industry recognized the benefits of digital age and ditched that idiocy long time ago.
We already mentioned and discussed it in several other threads, until it's dealt with properly (I will open another topic on it later as there is some potentially good news on the matter), things like these where developer and store are not singing the same song will continue to happen.

Last edited:
yes, looks like CDPR/GOG are doing a nasty here. They only made keys available to select 'stores', while leaving GMG out. So GMG went and acquired keys from other licensed venues so they could sell them in their store. The keys are still valid, and GOG is just having a tandrum.

yes, looks like CDPR/GOG are doing a nasty here. They only made keys available to select 'stores', while leaving GMG out. So GMG went and acquired keys from other licensed venues so they could sell them in their store. The keys are still valid, and GOG is just having a tandrum.

So, so nasty to pick and choice who you want to sell the product you have spent X amount of years working on.

Unless you have some sort of back ground on their relationship past or present, I can see this only your thoughts.

I believe CDpr and GMG reached an agreement in the end as the game prices there are now normal.

I have high hopes and did preorder on GOG though I was rather disappointed in The Witcher 2 - I preferred the game play of the first. The videos I have seen of TW3 look good so I am going to take a chance.

I have high hopes and did preorder on GOG though I was rather disappointed in The Witcher 2 - I preferred the game play of the first.

I preferred the gameplay in TW2, but I thought TW1 had the better story and stronger atmosphere. Overall, TW1 was a more memorable experience for me.

i definitely have doubts. Witcher 2 hurt.

If people werent so freakin obsessed with astounding graphics, i wouldnt be so worried. I fear it will come at the cost of a game that runs and plays well.

Dont get me wrong, i like good graphics. Really tho, I'd be fine with W2 graphics (and even W1 graphics) at this point.

speaking of the original Witcher i would love a return to it. Drop the political intrigue shit (or just lighten it up to W1 levels) in favor of what originally made me love the Witcher - monster hunting, quest solving, mythology, memorable creatures and characters.

And wicked sorceresses with great jiggle physics, of course. Dont skimp on that (er, those)

I preferred the gameplay in TW2, but I thought TW1 had the better story and stronger atmosphere. Overall, TW1 was a more memorable experience for me.

The one thing that really bugged me in the second one was the use of mutagens. I really hope you can access them during battle if and when needed.

Also the question was asked about importing your W2 saved game. I got thinking about the one thing I would want from the start is red ribbon Talisman to ward off Drowners.

Ouch, I bet someone unpacked files on PC.
Thanks!

EDIT:
There is a full soundtrack here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckxd7HKhD54&feature=youtu.be

EDIT2:
This is fantastic OST, just finished listening to it.
On par with AC:Rogue OST, but if I'd have to vote I'd vote for TW3.

Because of Widow Maker (33:16). It's rearranged by Percival hundreds of years old ethnic song - from my country. Here's another take for those who want to hear it, this live version is a bit rough and not adapted to simplistic mainstream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK42G5bEsbQ

If I didn't preorder the game ages ago, I'd preorder it today.

Last edited:
I shamelessly went with "I Think It'll Be Fantastic".

It's been sometime since I've actually been anticipating a game. It will really mess up my RL schedule to play it on launch but I'll do it anyway. (Welcome to 2-3 hour sleep days, since sleep is the only thing I can cut off).

Damn, Damn, Damn, the forum effect.

I went on the Amazon site and they are now offering (physical) the map, soundtrack, manual, compendium and stickers for $59.99. Plus they are also offering day of release service. So couple the forum effect with my compulsive buying and I'm in.

With my huge digital backlog, I don't often do Day 1 Purchase coupled with day one playing but all I'm doing now is mostly playing Hidden Object games.

Looks like I'll finally get to be one of the cool guys playing a brand new game when it comes out. So just what do cool gamers wear now adays? Is Doritos and Mountain Dew still a thing? Will there be girls ?????

:cool:

So just what do cool gamers wear now adays? Is Doritos and Mountain Dew still a thing? Will there be girls ?????

Hmmmmmm I do believe Doritos and Mountain Dew will always be cool with gamers.

Going against popular opinion I have to say that the original was far better than the sequel because the sequel seemed more "forced", more scripted, and more padded out with CGI flash..irrespective of whether the CGI was good or not. My expectation is that W3 will continue to pander to the graphics whore whilst neglecting any tangible improvement in gameplay. Of course I hope this will not prove to be the case and it looks and sounds fantastic…how it plays is a different matter altogether.

Back
Top Bottom