Frustrated with iTunes

Eliaures

Watchdog
In my recent mid-life crisis, I took up electric guitar in the last year and I'm just getting good enough that I'm looking for songs to play. I look on iTunes for songs from old rock and roll like The Surfaris, The Shadows, Gene Vincent, and other grassroots type bands. Even when iTunes has stuff from bands I'm looking for, they are very limited in what they have.

iTunes is great if you're looking for the latest release for hip-hop, but I'm looking for old stuff. I've even struck out when looking through Waterloo Records in Austin for some of this old stuff. Napster in the old day used to be great, I almost always found what I was looking for. Are there any good MP3 sources that I'm missing?

Emule.
If it isn't on emule, you can't find it.
You need a reliable server list tho.
Use Gruk's eMule/eDonkey Serverlist.

I prefer taking the time for non-stealing methods.

So when I was looking for old stuff for my wife's parents, rather than hitting the latest 'IPirate.com' site, I searched eBay and just googled around and found plenty of places that sell old records at reasonable rates. Worth a shot.

Thanks guys, I'll give those a shot.

I'm kind of of two minds about "pirating" music. I have hundreds of record albums from the dusty old days of vinyl, and I wonder how many times must I "buy" this music. It's a pain in the arse to transfer LP's to digital so I must re-purchase the music digitally or subject myself to the misery just described.

i hear that.

Ive had some on vinyl, cassette, and cd, like Metallica's "Master of Puppets". Slayer's "Reign in Blood" the same, and worse yet - my cd somehow got lost!

I'd have to buy it again, for the 4th time, if my friend hadnt loaned it to me so I could I burn a copy!

Back
Top Bottom