Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - New Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BitComposer announces that Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms has revived a massive patch that adds adds a new prologue and tutorial to the game. But first I have a new video.

Here is the press release with the patch infomation.

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms – Massive Update Adds Prologue and Tutorial

Eschborn -7 October, 2014 - bitComposer Games and Games Farm today are releasing an extensive update for the PC action RPG Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, adding a prologue to the game, as well as numerous new features and improvements. Players of the Early Access version can now play through a tutorial, introducing the game's basic features, that reveals the back story.

Those familiar with Kult, the predecessor to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, will meet an old friend: Carissa, who is joining as a new playable character. Carissa Cantrecht is a former member of the secret society Penta Nera, and a skilled melee fighter, who finishes off enemies with her sword and shield.

The action RPG will be released on 13th November and now is available on Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/256030/

All new features and changes at a glance

• Introduction of prologue and tutorial
  • New playable character - Carissa Cantrecht
  • New abilities and effects
  • Improved, challenging combat
  • Configurable controls
  • Improved menus and user interface
  • New recipes and a menu book for crafting added
  • Enemies now respawn on most maps
  • RPG system has been balanced
  • Additional graphical effects
  • Improved performance
  • Numerous bug fixes and improvements
More information.

"Enemies now respawn on most maps"

Damn. I had this game on my radar as looking like a fun action rpg, but I hate respawn fests.

"Enemies now respawn on most maps"

Damn. I had this game on my radar as looking like a fun action rpg, but I hate respawn fests.
I concur as I'm playing Shadow Of Mordor, and it reminded me once again why I hate re-spawn systems in any game I play. It completely ruins immersion.

I know why they do it, but I don't have to like it.:disappointed:

I concur as I'm playing Shadow Of Mordor, and it reminded me once again why I hate re-spawn systems in any game I play. It completely ruins immersion.

I know why they do it, but I don't have to like it.:disappointed:

I have been playing SoM as well and the re-spawn pisses me. Why bother killing anyone if they just going to repop again. I really really hate it! I am just skipping most mobs and stuff and only doing the main quest now.

Isn't this a very different game from SoM? It's an action RPG more like Diablo 3 which also has replayable areas. On that note I think respawning enemies is just fine. Now in Far Cry 2 that was a terrible idea, or at least terribly implemented. This is different I think.

Yes, repetitive respawns are boring, but some incremental changes on each respawn would help. Have the opponents change tactics and organization; just have some of them run away and avoid the fate of their predecessors; show a burial detail and a few mourners; erect some obstacles and traps; bring in a boss monster; add some delayed reinforcements, &c.

While you guys bicker over the respawn changes, I'll simply say that I enjoyed that orchestral piece ;) Had a certain Conan vibe to it which I liked.

. Now in Far Cry 2 that was a terrible idea, or at least terribly implemented. This is different I think.
It's the same in Shadow of Mordor you kill twenty orcs that re-spawn minutes later. That is what makes games unbearable, and gets tiresome easily.
While you guys bicker over the respawn changes, I'll simply say that I enjoyed that orchestral piece ;) Had a certain Conan vibe to it which I liked.
Thank you for your input and for course we will continue to bicker about the re-spwan system. Never the less I also think the soundtrack video was good.;)

It's the same in Shadow of Mordor you kill twenty orcs that re-spawn minutes latter. That is what makes games unbearable, and gets tiresome easily.

At least it makes sense in Shadow of Mordor setting as indeed Orcs are respwned, and you get experience and is part of their Nemesis system. In Farcry 2, respwning does not make sense, nor you get anything out of it except to increase the challange.

At least it makes sense in Shadow of Mordor setting as indeed Orcs are respwned, and you get experience and is part of their Nemesis system.
It makes no sense and ruins immersion. :roll:

You kill a captain and twenty orcs to free some slaves then behold every one of them are back minus the captain in the same spot once again.

As I said above I know why they do it yet it doesn't mean I have to like the system.

UPDATE: I probably went way of topic so I'll stop here, and just hope this game doesn't turn out to be like the Sacred games. So fingers crossed.:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Aw man. For a brief, joyful second I thought it said Shadow Hearts: Kingdoms.

Back
Top Bottom