What games are you playing now?

I have not played games since Resident Evil 5, but yesterday I tried to get my old installation of F3 running (I had reinstalled Windows so the registry was gone). I then bought the 3 DLC's and leeched a lot of mods. Unfortunately there's something fishy going on that stops me from playing the game more than a minute before CTD, even with all mods removed. I noted later that Broken Steel wasn't installed properly and that might have trashed my savegame (but I have backup).

I look forward to the next DLC.

dialog heavy?
Damn couldn't anyone told me that earlier? Has anyone here written a review about? and it isn't lost?
I know i checked the site some years ago, but it didn't convinced me, would have been different maybe with a demo. :(

Well, it was actually my own impression that it wasdialogue-heavy, at least in the beginning.

Unfortunately Drakensang came then, that's why I never went out of the first town ...

Can anyone tell me more about JE? Sorry I know it is of topic :) at least in the right forum ;)

still playing Hidden and Dangerous, about halfway thru.

Okay, I bought now Armed & Dangerous via ebay ... Because now I just want to learn how this game is ... Astonishingly, what I bought/won there was an original English-language specimen, still sealed, for 1 Euro plus 2 Euros shipping.

I'm curious ...

I do know. :D

It was just the title. ;) And "my" game has once been on my "let's see how it is" list, and now, thanks to your kind of reminding me ;) , I finally bought it. ;)

Well, I installed both Prototype and Sims 3, with Ghostbusters sitting here as well ... crud, I wanted to make more progress in my RPG replays ...

I'm still waiting for a *complete* edition of the SIMs 1 ... EA Germany never made a "deluxe" version incorporating ALL add-ons ... Unlike to the american market ...

dialog heavy?
Damn couldn't anyone told me that earlier? Has anyone here written a review about? and it isn't lost?
I know i checked the site some years ago, but it didn't convinced me, would have been different maybe with a demo. :(

I bought it on a whim, too, and much to my surprise ended up liking it a quite a lot. The gameplay is actiony but quite serviceable, the art direction is refreshing and individual and makes for a very consistent and enjoyable atmosphere, it doesn't take itself too seriously and there's relatively little god-awfully cheesy dialog, and the plot is very good as such things go.

Overall, I'd say that it doesn't rise to any unimaginable heights, but it doesn't have any really significant flaws either; it's a very well-balanced and altogether enjoyable game. It's not a big huge game, though -- sort of like a very nicely-done sushi lunch, compared to the sixteen-course banquet of, say, Baldur's Gate 2.

Nice 'zombie' avatar dteowner. I went with the viking helmet, but you're stylin' with the flat top; very nice. Oh and great recommendation on the 'Ravenhearst' games. I just finished the first one earlier. I got the second one, and so far it relies more on the 'mechanical' puzzles which I don't care for as much, but I just started.

I liked yours so much, I just had to follow suit. Mine's more of a self-portrait, except I'm not quite that handsome. :D

I ended up skipping a couple of the puzzles in Ravenhurst 2 the first time I played. In one case, I had no clue what I was supposed to do and in the other I knew exactly what to do but didn't have the endurance to actually do it. My second time thru, the puzzles made a little more sense. I still skipped that second one, but I knocked out the first.

I finished my 3rd run thru adventure mode yesterday. I've got my Tree of Wisdom up to 190 feet now. It talks about giving extra stuff if you grow it higher, but so far I only got one extra, at 100 feet. Mostly, I'm obsessing with my gardens. I've got the nighttime garden full, although there's one duplicate there that I'll have to sell off. I need a few more additions to my daytime garden because I keep getting duplicates. I've only got 2 aquatics, but that garden's kind of a lost cause. The Wild Dogs have gotten taken in completely, so they've each got profiles going now, too.

I don't. Too dark for my taste.

Enjoying Jade Empire. Was getting my tail kicked there until i got the hang of the combat, now having a good time w/ it. I have to say that the sudden Galaga sessions from out of left field werent an entirely welcome thing - im glad theyre brief, few and far between.

Never was much into Galaga. More a Karate Champ, Joust, and Defender player personally

Sammy, I'm amazed you're not playing PvZ. I thought you were compelled to play anything related to zombies.

There's enough codgers here that we could probably have a good reminisce over arcade-era cabinets. I lost a lot of quarters to Qix, Dig-Dug, and Marble Madness.

ive been purposefully avoiding PvZ, but it's gettting tougher and tougher, to the point that even my last issue of PC Gamer came w/ a demo disc w/ the demo for it on there.

I have a feeling that very soon I will be assimilated

No question about it. The Watch is being overrun by zombies. There could be zombie tigers out there too, better watch out. Then again, it may already be too late.

Now I know of what the snail from the official web page reminds me of ! :

It reminds me of the snails from Commander Keen 4 !

Back
Top Bottom