Pillars of Eternity - Gameplay Teaser & Interviews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The back portal is up too (at https://eternity.obsidian.net, login with obsidian account).

And video was cool.
The video shows everything I hoped it would. It's looking like a new enhanced Baldur's Gate. So yes it was cool. After the latest Torment vote this makes me very happy.:)

Agree fully there, it's looking pretty good.

That looks simply awesome.

"No sleep for the watcher"

When this game gets released, we watchers will play it non stop like in the good old days.
Thx a lot obsidian for ruining out sleep cycle :D

Just this little intro is enough to impress me. Visually.

But this is Obsidian game and thus I want the story spoilers, yes I do! Pleaseeeee!

Looking great, I am very ready for a new game and the video got my psyched.

When this game gets released, we watchers will play it non stop like in the good old days.
Yeah, I played Skyrim soooo much it was getting hard to pay att... what? ;)

Numina, Eternity, and Divinity. Three blasts from the past to play with before Star Citizen and the Rift haul us into the next age of gaming!

Numina, Eternity, and Divinity. Three blasts from the past to play with before Star Citizen and the Rift haul us into the next age of gaming!
You can also add Grimrock 2, wastelands 2, M&M X and of course Witcher3 in the AAA category.
2014 will be a great year for RPG players.

You can also add Grimrock 2, wastelands 2, M&M X and of course Witcher3 in the AAA category.
2014 will be a great year for RPG players.

Yes - but from what I've seen of this trailer (and what I know about the game already) - this one stands FAR at the top of my list of most anticipated games. The trailer shows me exactly what I wanted to see.

Looks kind of like what I think BG3 would have looked like. Can't wait :)

OM effing G :worship:

P.S Hey, when was the vote about the name ?! completely missed it :D

Yeah, looks great. Well done, Obsidian.

Wow... can't wait to play it. Especially considering Obisdian being responsible for the story. :)

I also more or less like what I am reading in that RPS preview about mechanics too.
Some interesting ideas but also the hardcore crowd (us ;) ) is also catered to via the Expert mode it seems i.e. etc.

By default, losing all of your health will result in characters being maimed, a temporary stat reduction until you can get them to a place of rest or more permanent healing. However, a quick flip of a menu switch can enable a more permanent death or put you into Expert Mode, so you need not worry about easily unraveled threads in combat’s tapestry of challenge. Difficulty is there for those who want it, and different difficulties don’t just buff or reduce stats. If you want a sterner test of your abilities, monster sets and their respective combat strategies change entirely, becoming more about positioning, mitigating buffs and debuffs, singling out especially key enemies, and things of that sort. Good luck.

I do generally disagree with streamlining mechanics and systems too much ofcourse but I'll have to play the final result to pass judgement ;)

There are a few uh oh bits though...

Thx a lot obsidian for ruining out sleep cycle :D

In the good old days, games were based on the turn sequence "yougoIgo"

The teaser has a very FF touch in it.

In short, it looks fantastic. Much better than Tides of Numenera to me. This might be my most anticipated game after TW3.

ToN is in a much earlier stage than this game though, so that's hardly surprising. AFAIK it wont go into full production until Wasteland 2 is done, so we've just seen the concept of ToN so far. But yes this indeed looks really great :)

The GB interview is also a very interesting read and has some more details.

Nice bit on that ridiculously oversized dungeon we got for ourselves :)

Josh: We're developing The Endless Paths of Od Nua right now. The artists are in the home stretch on it and it looks great. The Endless Paths can be found relatively early in the but the player only has to dip his or her toes into the dungeon on the critical path. We're designing the progression so the challenge ramps more quickly than you can level-up within the dungeon. We suspect many players will periodically retreat and come back later to tackle challenging levels.

I wouldn't liken it to any Infinity Engine dungeons, honestly. A 15 level dungeon is huge. In some ways, it could be thought of as similar in flavor to Dragon's Eye from Icewind Dale. Each level has a different ecology in it that relates to the levels above and below. Naturally, there is an over-arching optional quest that you can pursue from top to bottom.

sounds a bit like the ToEE tbh...

Back
Top Bottom