Space Rangers HD - 1C Announces Space Rangers HD: A War Apart

You might have quite a wait in store for you. There are no details on when it will be released or how far along they are.

That said, it'll definitely be worth the wait. The pirate promotions alone would be worth buying it again.

I hope this thing sells like hotcakes so they continue the franchise for many years to come.

In the 1c forum they said the target is q4 2012

You might have quite a wait in store for you. There are no details on when it will be released or how far along they are.

That said, it'll definitely be worth the wait. The pirate promotions alone would be worth buying it again.

I hope this thing sells like hotcakes so they continue the franchise for many years to come.

for those this isn't obvious to you still need the original and can't just buy reboot to get all the content. though as skavenhorde said reboot is all you need to play. i as well am looking forward to this. i don't think i've ever finished a game but played a bunch of the original sr2 and reboot. love the text adventures and the choices, math, etc. they entail.

for those this isn't obvious to you still need the original and can't just buy reboot to get all the content. though as skavenhorde said reboot is all you need to play. i as well am looking forward to this. i don't think i've ever finished a game but played a bunch of the original sr2 and reboot. love the text adventures and the choices, math, etc. they entail.

Yeah - and if the HD relaunch includes better translation and optional less stylized menu skins (or just better menus in general) then I'm probably going to pick this one up. A very interesting game and there are few that include a lot of these elements.

Space Rangers 2 Reboot over at GamersGate is a standalone. You don't need to buy both SR2 and Reboot.

I'm going to have to buy it again. I have cinemaware marquee's Space Rangers 1 and 2 bundle and the dang thing has Starforce on it. Windows 7 about had a fit when I tried to start Space Rangers 2 and it snuck Starforce on my computer. Seriously, it rebooted and went into repair mode.

To make matters worse the Impulse version of Reboot that I have is not a stand-alone. I used to be able to point to the drive that SR2 was on and Impulse would load Reboot, but since Gamestop took over Impulse it won't let me. It says it needs an Impulse only serial.

Meh, doesn't matter. It's only 10 bucks for the GG version. I'll just grab that and be done with it.

I did exactly the same thing a few weeks back. Wanted to play it but my Impulse version was making me jump through GameStop-shaped hoops. Figured I didn't want anything to do with GameStop anyway and just bought the GamersGate version.

To make matters worse the Impulse version of Reboot that I have is not a stand-alone. I used to be able to point to the drive that SR2 was on and Impulse would load Reboot, but since Gamestop took over Impulse it won't let me. It says it needs an Impulse only serial.
Do you know if that's common for how they're handling games now? I have the loyalty version of Stalker:CoP which always worked with my boxed copy of SoC. I'd hate to find it didn't work.

all the stalker games are standalone--loyalty version was simply a price reduction promo (also done on steam).

good to know skavenhore--i have the impluse version of space ranger 2, think i have a boxed version to, and i also bought a boxed version of reboot a few years back which works fine with the impluse version as i don't have to run impulse to play both version at once. so the gamersgate version is standalone, but does that also mean it only has the ~5 text adventures from reboot. it would be a shame for someone to play/try the game without the ~20 or so from the original.

@Mana I don't know about Stalker, but I would doubt it if it worked. The Impulse version of Reboot would not download even though I pointed it right to my SP2 directory.

@Curious I just bought it yesterday and it has everything. The text adventures, planetary battles, etc. It's SR2 and Reboot in one package.

It seems my retail version is the standalone:
47 Planetary Battles and 25 Text adventures.
Am I right?

Anyway it only cost me 3€. :)

Back
Top Bottom